TITO - Ticket in Ticket Out, Slot Toppers, Stands and Add-on Accessories > Slot Toppers
WOF Topper Question
(1/3) > >>
Phan000:
I’m finish my up a 1996 WOF I game.  It has this amazing topper.

The molex connections are obvious, but this rubber tubing has two wires inside.  Thinking this may be for the fiber optic lighting?

Does anyone recognize this connection?  Looks like it was just cut clean.

Stayouttadabunker:
I would remove that packing tape to expose what kind of splice someone did.
That type of tape is incorrect to use for electrical connections....it's waayy too thin.
It's better to use heat shrink tubing or electrical tape.

Where does the two wires from the spliced connection go to?...or come from?
It looks like what we call a "rat's nest"?
The cheap fiber optic lighting with that flexible yellow tubing that people buy online is usually 12 VDC.
I don't know if that's what's being used in this thing?

The Red wires would be the positive (+) 12 volts DC, while the black wires would be the ground negative (-) wires.
Do not use 115VAC power from a wall outlet unless you have a 12VDC transformer in between!!
I just did a search and found that Amazon sells yellow flexible optic lighting like this but it uses 110VAC power??
I would wait until you get some sort verifiction on what power is needed from someone that actually has a topper like that or has wiring schematics of the topper connections.

Somebody cut the wires inside the Molex housings....I don't like this mod :no:
Tilt:
I think you're right, it's for the fiber optic lighting.  Shine a flashlight on it from the bottom there and see if it lights up anything.
Phan000:
I cracked open the topper.

Fiber optic light strip for the main image lighting.

I could not get into the metal case to see where the other wires go.

One is clearly for the candle,  other looks like it’s for the rod lights.

My cabinet has a candle connection and the florescent light,  but no other connections.

Not really sure what the rod lights should connect to?    Might be easier to replace the Fiber optics with some led strips?

Photos attached.
Tilt:
That looks a lot different on the inside than what I thought it would.  I'm really not sure how that fiber optic tubing would illuminate the other rods coming out of the top since they're not physically connected.  Maybe it wasn't intended for that, but if not, what purpose did it serve? 

You may be better off going the LED strip route.  Most of those have a remote and you can changed the colors/patterns too.  Just make sure you get on that operates on 12V.

Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version