Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors > Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors
Coins falling to tray plz help
(1/2) > >>
Justinrx:
 :soapbox_3:      Hello all!, I picked up a triple cash IGT S2000 machine 10+ years ago. It used to work somewhat(with nagging problems I would fix(some coin in jams, hopper adjustments etc) and then finally the battery on the board died. I finally got around to replacing the battery 3v and removing the green battery (used flux to help clean solder points which seem to get rid of the closure mb errors)... The machine now says insert coin, play two credits but my problem now is that none of the betting buttons light up and when I put a coin in it goes right to the tray. I tried a few different tokens in the sample coin comparator but it seems to constantly divert to the tray. I'll post pictures... I'm guessing I need maybe a new comparator? I did rotate the sensitivity back and forth a bit and then all the way counterclockwise, no luck. Appreciate any help! (Fyi. I'm a noob at these machines, and don't have anything like clearing chips or the other stuff I've read about etc) thanks
Stayouttadabunker:
Okay, try a fresh quarter in the coin comparitor.
Slide that thing over, drop out the old one and stick in a fresh one behind the slide.
For the coin comparitor sensitivity dial, I turn them counter-clockwise all the way, then turn it clock-wise about a 1/4turn.
That puts the sensivity in the ballpark for an American quarter.

If that don't work, pull out the small 2-pin connector with the green wires on top of the CC.
Behind it, remove the screws that hold the "rake" solenoid entirely, and place aside for another day.
Now, all coins you drop into the slot will go straight down into the coin-in optics board that's directly under the coin comparitor.
The coin-in optics board is what send the signals back to the MPU as registered credits.

On the left side of the CC, inspect the white Molex connector....no broken wires? Push in the connector good.

Look under that, there's a smaller connector with a red, two orange and a black wire.
See that little white button marked [S1]?
That's what we call the "Service Coin" button...slot techs use it to test stuff.
Push it twice (You have a 2 coin game), you should hear a "ding" sound for each press....depending on the speaker volume.
Reach around the open door, and press the Spin button on the deck.
The game plays? Good.

Now lift the door latch and close the door.
Push the door latch all the way down.
Drop some quarters in and tell us where they go.

Also, some people want to see how bad thecorrosion is around that green Varta battery area.
They can tell ya if the tiny MPU traces are repairable.
Take some good high resolution photos...we need to be able to blow up the photo big enough to see right down on the circuitry.

I use Winows Paint to re-size photos so at least one side of the photo (Horizontal or Vertical) is no larger than 1000 pixels....the other side can be larger.
If you re-size one side down to 1000 pixels, it will fit here in the "Attachments" below.
Some people email the pictures to themselves so they can resized it too.
I just never tried that.
Justinrx:
Many things to try! Wow appreciate the detailed response very much,  I'll report back soon! Thank you 🤞
Justinrx:
Thank you so I tried some of the suggested steps... Tried a few new coins as samples and adjusting sensitivity, no luck... then went to remove the rake..The 2 screws are pretty stripped when trying to remove the rake fixture behind the comparator, So I just taped down a nail to the back of comparator that runs through the rake holes( not in to the comparator)  to hold up the rake and popped the green wires connected to the side of the comparator(wasn't successfully able to remove the green wire piece from the backside) .. after those steps the coins were successfully dropping into the hopper. 👍... But then the messages that display immediately after the coin goes in were..call attendant... Open door M... Coin in error. I tried opening the door and closing it which would remove the error messages, but every following coin would still give those messages.

Also noticed that the lights on the betting buttons on the front of machine are still unlit... I tried pressing the little white button on the optics piece underneath the coin comparator and it wouldn't register any credits either.

Any other thoughts to try next please? I attached the picture of the board as suggested, Hopefully in enough detail... Thanks!
Stayouttadabunker:
It sure sounds like you have multiple errors "stacked".
In order to clear them, one would have to open/close the door a couple of times to erase them.
Try that first, wait about 10 seconds, and tell us if the yellow bill validator bezel light comes on or not.
Don't put any coins in yet...one thing at a time.
If the light comes on, we know that the door optics work.

There are door optics tests that you can do to check to see if they're any good, but this way is easier for now.
If that yellow bezel light doesn't come on, let us know too!
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version