**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT S and S-plus Reel Games
S+ 65-2 into alternating 0/1 in Credits Played window
(1/2) > >>
Zendormu:
Hello!

I recently acquired a game kit for Triple Sapphires and the chips for Triple Dollars with Mystery Reel Action, and today did the conversion on my 16" Top S+.

This constituted both an SP Chip Change (SP872 changed for SP654) and an SS Chip Change.

On power up after performing all required changes I followed the S+ Game Change guide on the old site. After turning the jackpot reset key the S+ displayed 65-2 until I returned the jackpot key to the home position, and it then changed to display 4 0's in the Winner Paid/Credits window, an an alternating 0/1 in the Coins Played window.

If I restart the machine, it boots back up to a code 61 and then once I push past that it display 65-2 for a second, then returns to all 0's and an alternating 0/1.

I presume this is all because changing the SP chip effectively caused a RAM clear? Therefore I'm probably being shown initial gaming machine setup.

What will I need to do to get my machine back into play?

My S+ does not have a BV so I do not need to worry about any of those shenanigans, just a coin comparitor.

Thank you very much!
Stayouttadabunker:
65_2   Game type mismatch   Open door and press self test switch for 1 to 2 seconds.
However, SP872 is a Type 0, 1, 4, or 5 chip - it is not made to be used with your "Random Nudge" game.

Your Triple Dollars game has a Mystery Reel Action ("Random Nudge"), it requires a different SP chip because it is a Type 23 game.
Put your SP654 back in.
The SP654 is a Type23 SP chip.
Zendormu:
Much appreciated for the reply!

I did change the SP chip when I changed the game kit (Double Wild Cherry, the old kit, used SP872. I changed it out for SP654 which supports the required Game Type, Type 23.)

I have managed to proceed past the 65-2 code using the outlined method, and now I'm just getting all 0's in the Winner Paid/Credits window, and a 0 -> 1 -> Blank repeating pattern which I can't seem to find much about so far.

I'm pretty much just guessing this is what happens with initial setup.

How should I proceed?

Thanks!
Zendormu:
Back again - I realized it was only doing this because I was leaving the key in the "turned" position. I reset the key and the 65-2 did not clear as it had been. Then I followed the procedure and suddenly, I'm back into the game!

I do have a separate issue now though - my reel strips do not appear to be matching with the game outcomes. I am seeing the random nudges take place as they are supposed to, but symbols are nudging off the payline and TPL symbols aren't paying on the payline. I installed my strips as outlined in the S+/S2000 Reel Strip document and made sure I ordered one of each strip for the game since it uses an ABC layout.
Zendormu:
I checked things more closely and while the reel strips had ended up slipping during installation of other parts - the pays are still not making sense.

Two mispays I've seen so far are 1BAR 2BAR TPL paying the Tripled 1BAR pay, and 3 3BAR paying the ANY BAR pay.

I have reel strips: 848-887-00, 848-888-00, 848-889-00 installed left to right in the machine in that order.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version