**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Bally Electromechanical

Bally 809B upper unit - contact or lightproblems?

(1/7) > >>

david_germany:
hi

my bally has problems with the upper unit.
sometimes he dont accept the second coin.
sometimes it works, sometimes not...

here is a video of the problem. i cant discribe good in english :-)

http://youtu.be/09l2L7SmsVo

can anybody tell me which contact i should clean or how i can fix this problem???

thank you so much !!!!
bye
david

OldReno:
David,
It looks like your odds step up solenoid/coil  is not fully engaging.  If it pulls in fully, it should step up the odds gear one step.  It looks like it is trying to do that in your video.
Physically check the step up and reset solenoids on your top unit by hand to be sure they do work right.
I am looking at an 809 schematic, and what happens on 2nd coin in is that the odds relay engages (that is a relay with a brown with red wire-61).  It is supposed to allow time for the odds solenoid (the one that steps up your disk red with black wire -18) to fully engage.  After the odds solenoid fully steps up, it physically opens a thing called the EOS switch.  That stands for End of Stroke.  If you watch the action as you physically push in the step up solenoid, you will see that the linkage opens up a switch at the edge of the odds unit disk, that has a blue with orange wire --27) The other side of this EOS switch is that 61 wire -- brown/red that runs the first coil, the step up relay coil. 
I hope you follow that ok.
IF your EOS opens too soon, then the odds disc may not fully step up, and the machine steals a coin.
Of course, if it does not open at all, you can put in the 2nd coin, and it will step up all the way to 5th coin in and keep stepping, and will make quite a racket.
Try this fix of adjusting your EOS switch, and let us know if that fixes it. Make it so that it opens, but opens very late in the stroke.
If that doesn't fix it, then we'll figure out something else....
Make sure you download the Bally manual so that we are on the same page.
Send pictures of your top unit and odds disc assembly....

OldReno:
Let me recommend that all you e/m mechanics try this to see how the EOS works.
First,put a piece of matchbook in between the EOS contacts and play the game.
Next, remove matchbook, and clip the two leafs of the EOS together with a small alligator clip.
Then play the game.
What do you see happening?
Curious minds want to know.

rdaniel:
I noticed in the video that there was also a problem resetting the feature unit back to the first column. It took several coins in one instance. I am wondering if there are any problems with the coin switch being intermittent.

david_germany:
hey

thank you so much for your help.

@rdaniel: the coinswitch is new. i though it too that the coin switch is the problem :(
but isnt...

its very hard for me to understand it :-((((
tonight i will record a new video of the upper unit. perhaps you can see more about the solenoid or the coils ok ?

david

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version