Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming** > LCD and CRT Monitor Repair Tech Support

CRT Tube Swap?? From different manufacturers?

(1/1)

Ash100:
Weird question, but curious about the results. Story goes like this.....

I've had a Bally Game Maker sitting in storage for several years with a bad CRT Monitor. Never felt the need to troubleshoot it, as it's not an important game, and other things take priority.

I recently received 2 Bally EVO Machines that both have working CRT Monitors in them, but the machines themselves are dead. But, they also fall into the not so important category.

Both of the CRTs from the EVOs have severe burn in, but they do work. The Game Maker Tube is really clean with no burn in. All 3 CRTs are interchangeable, meaning I put both of the EVO Monitors into the Game Maker and they fired up without any issues. But the display looks like crap due to the burn in.

Ok, now on to my question. Since the Chassis of all three are basically the same, but different manufacturers, can I swap the clean Tube into a working Chassis, or did the manufacturers use specific Tubes for their Chassis? Are the Tubes interchangeable?

I'd like to have a nice clean Monitor in the Game Maker, then get one of the 2 EVO games up and running with the other Monitor.

Thanks, and hope this made sense.

Curtis ash100

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version