**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT S2000 and Vision Games

Problem booting.

(1/6) > >>

SlotMechanic:
Hey guys. After working on my progressive display I booted up my machine. It comes on, and the vfd displays "Netplex link is down...." for about 2 seconds, the printer is herd coming on...and it then process to go into a repeat mode, everything goes off, then the vfd displays the same thing and the printer comes on again....and so on... What I've done in the past is just shut it down, pull the mpu out and reseat it...and turn it back on and most of the time it works......yesterday was different...it didn't want to work at all....so I decided to do some investigating....I unplugged my printer...and try to boot it up...and it went on fine......so I thought the printer was my problem....so to be 100% sure I plugged it back in...and sure enough it booted up fine again....so I continued with my progressive programming....I needed to turn it off again to undo some wires...and then I turned it back on....same fricken crap....won't boot....I pulled out the power supply...reseated it....no change...I checked all connections...all were good...I pulled the mpu and checked all the chips...all were good..i put in the mpu again and tried turning it on...and now its working good......we will see tonight when I turn it on again.

Maybe a video of it doing it next time will help?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. If I need to do some electrical testing, let me know..i am no beginner in that....

Thanks guys

Tom

Ron (r273):
Had the same problem one time. Seating the mpu or cpu sometimes it does not go all the way in. looks OK but is not.
I always push it in a little harder if I am having trouble booting up.

rickhunter:
If you have another machine, I would try swapping out the power supply.  Weird bootup issues like that is very often a power supply issue.

SlotMechanic:
Well, i think i have a bad or about to fail power supply.....its worst and worst now..it will take about 10-15 on and off boots to get it finally to boot up.....anyone have a power supply?

Thanks guys...

SlotMechanic:
Well, i've replaced the power supply with a known working one....it till is doing the same thing....so i think the ps is out of the qeustion now....i've been testing everything by unpluging the displays/netplex items.....and trying to boot it up cold.....maybe a faulty item is causing my issues....is this a good process of elimination?

Anyone thing the mother board could be the cause?....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version