General NLG Chat > General Chat, Slot Shop **Tech Talk** Welcome wagon and other stuff. (Off-Topic Post Welcome)

Home made slot machine

<< < (4/4)

bigdps:
For those still around and following this thread, I am in the process of building a new pinball cabinet. With what I have learnt from the advancements in the virtual pinball world, might make me add a few upgrades on the slot machine. When I built the upper portion monitor holder, I didn't have a 3D printer so I had made it out of a piece of oak plank. Painted it red and that was it.

Another element I would like to upgrade are the flashing LED's. They are not the individual addressable type but the version above it. I can't recall what they are but they light up in groups of 3 LED per segment. I would rather have the really individually addressable ones. That way, i could use a Pi or NODEMCU to provide the flashing parts. All depends on my imagination I guess.  :drool04: :Scratch-Head:

jay:
Looks really sweet.
What software are you using ?

For the slot handle - are you using one from a real slot or did you get one that they use with the Pachilos ? any challenges with the mechanics.

bigdps:
For all my toys that I build from recycling computer parts bought for the many upgrades through the years, I always use Windows compatible programs. For the slot, I bought a lot of PC-ROM with slots games  on them. Many IGT, Williams and few others just to name the numerous amount of games available. There are a few that won't work anymore as I move away the Win95-98(ME) eras as Win7 is the limit. I have Win10 right now and haven't gone through the list since I did.

For the pinball, I have VPinMAME and Pinup Popper. I added a 42inch  4K instead of a 37 inch 1080p TV for the playfield. There are so many updates since the last one I built in 2007 that it needed a full rebuilt. I have kept a few things that still are usable in its form.

jay:
I built a virtual pin table as well. I used the same software, I have a Williams Diner (real) and the Vpin mimics it well.
I installed two solenoids under the table so when you hit the flipper buttons it knocks the bottom of the table for some force feedback feel.
I also have a Pin Pull that is tied into a Gyroscope that allows me to bump/tilt the table - its a usb device I found online.
I find it a bit flakey in its calibration and its behavior changes between games so its likely the software implementation of this.

Whirtle:
Wow that looks amazing! Nicely done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version