New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Chicago coin Cinema pinball help  (Read 4373 times)

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Chicago coin Cinema pinball help
« on: June 25, 2018, 08:08:20 PM »
Got this Cinema pinball machine that has been sitting for 10 years.
Has a couple of issues. Of course it won’t reset, but I’m working around that by manually resetting the machine. One problem is in the 1st player score reels. Reel 3 the coil is getting constant power, but it will advance when 100 points is tripped on the play field and continues to get power.
Next a minor issue. The wire armature for the return ball kicker switch was laying in the machine.
Would like to have a clear photo of how it suppose to be in place.
Posting photo of this machines ball kicker switch next post.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Chicago coin Cinema pinball help
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 08:13:41 PM »
Photo of underside of the return ball metal trough and switch minus the wire.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 08:28:39 PM »
Okay, installed the trip wire for the ball return.
Still looking for the problem that keeps the 1000 - 9000 coil energized.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 08:26:23 PM »
Fixed the 1000-9000 coil problem. It was a 1000 point switch, somehow, the contacts metal travel limiter was bent holding the switch closed.
Cleaned # 9 contacts on one score reel, now the machine is playable, but still has a few issues.

Offline joeisuzu

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • joeisuzu New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 09:34:41 AM »
I just picked up a 1975 Red Baron pinball machine by Chicago Coin. I have the same issue of the machine not resetting, because the score wheel on player 1 (the 100point wheel) isn't turning well. I manually rotated the wheel and was able to reset the machine, but the next game, the same thing happened and I wasn't able to get it to reset. The scoring wheel shows all zeros, but when I power on the machine it momentarily tries to boot and immediately shuts down.

Do you think I should take that scoring wheel out and clean it up?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 12:50:53 PM »
Sometimes the score reels show all “00000”, but the contacts aren’t making the connection.
Since I’ve been working on the machine I have the back glass out in a safe place.
This gives me access to the reels.

Start up the machine as normal and insert coin.
If the reels keep trying to reset move them all up and down and back and forth by hand.
This may help the contacts connect.

Explain what you mean when the machine just quits. Maybe the reels have set, but the machine has not reset all the units to start a game. Check the start relay in the bottom of the cabinet, think it’s the 3rd or 4th from the front. You can push it manually, I use a short dowel rod just to be safe. Actually you can push most of the relays to see there reaction/relationship to the machine. If they stick on you can push them back, but it takes a little force.

Let me know what you find.

The machine I have needed a lot of cleaning and adjustment. Now it’s working, but still skips balls in play and moves to second player when one player is selected.

When making adjustments, only 1 or 2 at a time, thus if things improve or get worst you’ll only have a couple of places to check.

Post a photo of your machine if you have a chance.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 12:56:35 PM »
Okay, from my original post everything is working except the machine will skip to the second player with just 1 coin in. And the ball count skips. This happens randomly, so I’m thinking score motor, but any insight or cause/cure would be greatly appreciated.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 04:19:48 PM »
Did some more fine tuning on the score motor contacts.
Cleaned the ball count step up again and found it had loose wire on the white/red terminal.
Happy to say the machine is about 95%, still have ball count skip now and then.
Next will be restoring the credit reel and score reels numbers.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 08:00:50 PM »
Working on the score reels. Final cleaning and new numbers.
Photo of contacts and circuit board during first cleaning.
Today recreated the lubricated the score reel mechanism and add new numbers.

Offline mals

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mals New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2021, 01:17:02 PM »
Decent enough EM pinball.  I have one as well, the only thing unusual I found was the centre "STAR" feature.   Could never get it working with a standard pinball, and had to use a smaller sized steel pinball.  Does yours work well with a standard size?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2021, 06:47:55 PM »
The ball in the machine is 1 inch.

When I got the machine the ball wouldn't hardly move up.

I did 3 things to get the ball to move up and out.

1. Replaced the missing wood around the hole with just straight wood glue.

2. Also added a spacer / washer between the bar and the ejector.
    Because there was to much play which created a lot of lost energy.

Then I waxed the hole and the related area very well a few times.

The ball still struggles occasionally.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal