New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: EEPROM ERROR S2000 Reel Touch  (Read 4405 times)

Offline Txseppe

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Txseppe New User has no influence.
  • Howdy Everyone!
EEPROM ERROR S2000 Reel Touch
« on: January 09, 2019, 04:54:10 PM »
Howdy Everyone,

I’m experiencing an error on my Lobster Mania IGT S2000 reel touch machine in my residence.  I’ve had the machine roughly 5 years and haven’t had many problems outside of replacing the CMOS and MPU battery.  My MPU is the 504 Rev B. and my 3.6v Varga battery is removed. 

The problem:  I moved from Texas to PA and now I’m getting an error.  Within 30 of starting up the machine I get a “Call Attendant” message.  Before I get “Call Attendant” I see “Waiting for NETPLEX Devices”

I open the machine door (there is no alarm) and “Call Attendant” changes to “EEPROM Error” when I turn the jackpot reset key once I get “EEPROM DEVICE ERROR -0x4”, 2nd turn of jackpot reset key with door still open results in “Some Critical Data May be Lost”, 3rd turn says “Please Wait...Testing Memory”, next it automatically changes to “Waiting for NETPLEX devices” while the bill collector cycles.  The Final Message displayed is “EEPROM Error”

I’m stuck in an endless loop while I’m messing with the lower portion of the machine the cpu runs through its cycle up to the point where it says “One Moment Please... Initializing Please wait”. When I hit that point on the touch screen the speakers make an annoying sound that is consistent and infinite... I usually shut down the machine at this point to save my sanity.

I’ve read lots of threads on NLG trying to fix this.  I’ve tested all battery voltages, checked EPROM seating on the board and applied pressure to each chip to make sure they’re seated all the way.  I saw in a few posts that the 3rd turn of the Jackpot key typically gives a “Press MPU Button for 3-5 seconds” message, I don’t get that but I pressed the little bar above the buttons just to experiment and got the number 5568 in the credits block while “EEPROM Error” was still displayed in messages.  All other cells show red dashes.

I’m stuck, any guidance would help.

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
Re: EEPROM ERROR S2000 Reel Touch
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 07:20:44 PM »
After holding the MPU button 5 sec. Close the door.
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline Txseppe

• Howdy Everyone!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 08:34:48 PM »
Thanks, [size=0px]I pressed the little bar above the buttons and got the number 5568 in the credits block while “EEPROM Error” was still displayed in messages.  All other cells show red dashes. When I close the doors the value remains in the credits block, nothing else [/size][/size][size=0px]I can’t get my picture small enough to attach for some reason.  [/size]

Offline Txseppe

• Howdy Everyone!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 08:39:27 PM »
See pic

Offline Txseppe

• Howdy Everyone!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 04:56:32 PM »
I think I’m at a point where I need to order and try a ram and set chip.  How do I determine the correct set for my machine?  I attached a picture of my MPU.  You can bet 15 lines on this machine at up to 5 credits per line.  You can touch to change value from 1,2,3, or 5 cents.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 06:00:44 PM »

The EEPROM is on the mother board not the MPU. It is a 24C16 8 pin dip. They usually don't go bad but I guess it's possible. I would  try to clear it. I can send you clear & key chips. PM if interested.

Since you moved the machine I would also make sure the power supply behind the reels is properly seated & screwed in tightly.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Txseppe

• Howdy Everyone!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 06:39:36 PM »
Thanks, PM Sent for Ram Clear and Set chips.

I pulled the power supply behind the reels cleaned off the dust and checked for bent connector pins.  Everything looked good so I reinstalled the power supply and fully tighten the screw. 

The error is still the same.

Offline Txseppe

• Howdy Everyone!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 07:33:49 PM »
Here is the latest update.  I received the clear chip and followed the S2000 ram clear instructions (posted on this site) from 1 - 6.  I will assume most viewers are familiar with the proces which ends with replacing the SB chip and restarting the machine.  Everything works up to the point where I press the MPU reset for 3 seconds and “close the main door”.

Step 7 says the machine will test memory and give “Call Attendant”, at which point you open the door and turn the jp reset 3 times resulting in “Machine type mismatch”.   I unfortunately couldn’t replicate this step.  My machine tests the memory and immediately goes back to the “EEPROM Error” I had before the RAM clear.  I’m right back where I started... Anyone have additional suggestions? 

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 385
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 08:08:47 PM »
If clearing it didn't fix it I would replace the EEPROM.

Offline Txseppe

• Howdy Everyone!
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 08:30:20 PM »
Motherboard EEPROM?  Is there a guide for which part to order and directions for the install?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2019, 08:57:29 PM »
It's a 24C16 8 pin chip.  It's the only one in a socket on the motherboard.  Just line up the notch on the chip with the notch on the socket and you'll be all set.

Offline Txseppe

• Howdy Everyone!
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2019, 06:09:05 PM »
New update... EEPROM was replaced on the 960 motherboard.  I did a full ram clear on start up and at Step 7 once again I got the EEPROM Error.

There were a few other errors along the way, as follows:
1.  System Error
2.  Bad type identification-0xAE01
3.  Game EPROM CRC Mismatch -0xB000001
4.  Non-Recoverable data error

All those errors were one time only.  I’m back to my original EEPROM DEVICE ERROR -0x4

What other ideas are there for me to try?  I appreciate the assistance, thanks!

Offline Txseppe

• Howdy Everyone!
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2019, 12:25:18 PM »
I ordered a new motherboard.  After installation do I need to run a Ram Clear on start up?

Offline Txseppe

• Howdy Everyone!
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2019, 09:40:03 PM »
I installed the new motherboard and ran a ram clear cycle.  I’m stilll getting the same EEPROM Error.  I’m not sure what else to try.  Motherboard? Thoughts?  Thanks

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2019, 09:17:31 AM »
1) What is the top box doing during the boot?
2) If you turn the jackpot key again with the main door open what happens?
3) When you press and hold the white button for about 8 seconds. What note is showing on the VFD, does it change?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2019, 11:15:36 AM »
Are you sure you got the new one oriented correctly in it's socket? 

Offline Txseppe

• Howdy Everyone!
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2019, 07:45:23 PM »
So interesting change on this latest startup.  I didn’t get the EEPROM Error.  I turned on the machine and it came up with “Call Attendant”.  When I opened the door it said “System Error”. Next I got “Bad type identification-0xAE01”.  It didn’t appear that pressing the MPU reset or turning the jackpot reset was having any effect.  The volume was strange too, it’s just making a loud consistent humming.

The top screen appears to be operating fine, it goes through Bios and sets everything to the point where it says “initializing” I guess at this point it’s waiting on something from the MPU to sync up.  It just says “Initializing...” forever once it reaches this point.

Offline Txseppe

• Howdy Everyone!
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2019, 07:56:43 PM »
The next ON/OFF put me back to EEPROM Error.  A few jackpot resets and a push of the MPU rest got me the “System Error”.  I was able to get the Press Reset Button for 2-3 seconds, i close the door and it says “initializing”. It cycles through the Netplex devices then says “Call Attendant”.  Open door... the evil “EEPROM Error”. 

When I replaced the mother board I left the EEPROM that came with it and just ran a Ram Clear on the first start up.  I have 6 other brand new EEPROMs, I will try to swap one, but something tells me it won’t make a difference.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2019, 08:11:25 PM »
You're probably right.  Well if it's not the EEPROM or the motherboard then the next thing to swap would be the MPU board.

Offline Txseppe

• Howdy Everyone!
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2019, 08:21:21 PM »
New EEPROM, same error.  I guess I’ll have to change the MPU it’s a 504 Rev. B.  eBay the best place to get it?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal