New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Igt reel touch msverify comm error  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Cve730

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Cve730 New User barely matters.Cve730 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Igt reel touch msverify comm error
« on: December 29, 2019, 12:52:41 PM »
Hi guys i recently just picked up this bucks ahoy machine with a msverify comm error mesage i am new to the reel touch machines machines but am familiar with the s2000's. Im not sure if i have a problem with my hard drive or mpu here are the details.

Machine boots up to a "ram error" message on the vfd which will clear with a few turns of the jackpot key and press of the reset on mpu. Then i will get a waiting for "waiting for video display" message followed by the "msverify comm error"
Top box display will boot up and get all the way to the "authenticating files" message in my pic and then stops
I have alread checked all connections in top box and lower cabinet and unpluged and plugged back in with no luck. I will attach a few pics with info about machine does any one have any suggestions on how to get this machine up and running?
Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 04:51:39 PM by Cve730 »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Igt reel touch msverify comm error
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 01:48:03 PM »
The chip set appears to be correct.
It is a bios 1 machine top box.
Warning DO NOT try and read a bios one hard drive using a USB cable and windows computer it will ruin the harddrive.
You say it gets to authenticating and goes no further.
That is a problem.
How long will the top box stay like that? It should move on and appears to be working to that point. Sometimes if it's trying to correct itself it will stay that way for a long time.
Need some history on the machine if you have it.
Top box may have been replaced and there are many combinations of harddrive loads that will not work.
I can tell from the boot message that the harddrive has been replaced at some point because IGT used IBM travelstar hard drives and yours is a fujitsu.
Is there any information labeling on the harddrive or top box indicating the BGM ATA and RFA numbers.
Any history will help.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Cve730

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 02:14:30 PM »
Hi qbert thank u for the fast response, i am not sure what bios im running or how to tell which one. I have left the machine at idle for about 30 min with the authenticating message and nothing changed. The vfd will read msverify error in about 5 of waiting for video display. I have looked around the top box and can not see any info about bgm,ata,or rfa numbers i will attach a pic of the only numbers i see. As far as history unfortunately i do not have any, i just recently bought this machine online with no details besides it pwered on.

Offline Cve730

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 02:17:49 PM »
Top box pic

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 02:23:12 PM »
From your pictures you can tell it is a bios 1.
Red white and blue finger on boot screen.
The S2000 part of your machine is working properly it is waiting for a signal from the top box and never getting it. That is why you are getting the communication error.
I see you are new to NLG welcome.
Not sure what your capabilities are.
Do you have the ability to read the data off of the SB chip?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 02:28:58 PM »
Probably need to open the top box to see the harddrive and see if the person that made the copy put any information on it.
You should also see if you can find an old PC keyboard with the small purple PS2 plug as you will need one at some point in time if you ever have to replace the battery in the top box.

Offline Cve730

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 02:30:52 PM »
Thanx and yes i just recently joined nlg and am loving the amount of info and helpful people . I do not have the capability to read the sb chip besides what is printed on the top of it.

Offline Cve730

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 02:33:35 PM »
Ok i have the top box removed and see a hinged area where the power and data connectors are is it just those 2 Philips head scew and should open up?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 03:11:00 PM »
Originally it had 5 screws a flush mount Phillips on top and bottom and three regular Phillips across the back.
Most just have one or two 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 06:58:56 PM by qbert »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal