NLG's Wall of Remembrance > NLG's Wall of Remembrance

David Montanari or "Monti" of Monti's Slots has passed.

(1/2) > >>

shortrackskater:
This is another tough one for me to announce but Dave Montanari of Monti's Slots has passed away. I was informed today by a friend of his, though David's son, also David.
Since I got into the antique slot world, he was my main "go to" for information on all things Mills, Jennings, etc. I had many great e mail conversations with him over the last few years and will miss him greatly, not only as a master of antique slot repair but just as unique and rare gem of a man.
He was a very interesting person, living in Quincy California, a town up north that I'd never ever heard of.
He not only repaired, restored and sold slots, he also was an actor, doing old west re-enactments with his wife. Sadly she passed about a year ago and he was having a very difficult time with that, as anyone would with their beloved wife.
Here's a link to his NLG profile. It's interesting to read his "about me" and "interests."

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=983

Chris-socal:
Very sad to hear this. His bio makes me think of a fantastic life filled with fun and adventure. My condolences to his family.

shortrackskater:
Photos of Dave and his wife. Both were involved in historical re-enactments, which sound like a lot of fun to do.

63mini:
 That's really TERRIBLE to hear!! I only had a couple of correspondence with him on another website.  He sounded like a GREAT person.  One that I would have loved to sit down with and have a chat.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Badbaud:
Damn! I was just chatting with him a couple of weeks ago about all things slots.
He was missing his wife quite a bit and told me some interesting stories about their acting side business.
May they rest in peace.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version