New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Feedback Thread  (Read 16287 times)

Offline channelmaniac

• Surface mount soldering geek
  • Global NLG Site Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Few things are better than fixing an old game...
    • Arcadecomponents.com - Looking for hard to find chips?
Feedback Thread
« on: April 28, 2014, 07:05:03 PM »
 If you have feedback on this forum area please share it!

Is there something bugging you about the posts? Have these helped you? Am I leaving out important information? Is there something you have a question about that isn't answered here? Please let me know.

I mainly post on these forums:

NewLifeGames.com
Neo-Geo.com
Arcade-Museum.com (KLOV forums)
and a couple more obscure ones...

And have fixed games for those forum members plus for customers off of my website. Many of these game boards have very little repair documentation available - no schematics, no troubleshooting guides, etc - just like the slots that most of the members here like to play with. This is my way of paying back the gaming community - posting how boards have been repaired and by posting how-to guides along with hardware documentation.

This thread is for the members here and anybody that found these threads by searching Yahoo!, Google, etc... who have found them helpful. It's also for folks that want to tell me if I make a mistake. All I ask is that people don't tell me it stinks but rather why it stinks so it can be improved.

Thanks,

Raymond
I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com

Offline John Breedlove

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • John Breedlove New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Monitors
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 03:47:10 PM »
That GO7 not powering up reliably sounds like the B+ is slightly off, it doesn't take much with that monitor.

Offline channelmaniac

• channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Feedback Thread
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 10:12:14 PM »
Thanks John,

If I see that one come back I'll double check that.

Raymond
I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Sega Games (Other Arcade)
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 05:14:34 PM »
Please don't take this wrong.....it's meant to be a compliment. I spent 13 years as an electrician for a manufacturing company and we had an Engineer who talked just like you write. We really liked him, but he reminded us of the Android from Star Trek Next Generation. We called him Data. :cool_thumb_up: Keep up the good work!  :applause:
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline channelmaniac

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 11:05:06 AM »
Thanks Shaggy!

I do a lot of public speaking for the day job and don't talk like that in real life. :)  I try to keep the repair logs short and to the point.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Pinball Games
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 06:44:55 PM »
 :agreepost:   :hail:  You always impress me.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline channelmaniac

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 09:01:59 PM »
:agreepost:   :hail:  You always impress me.

Dave

Thanks Dave!

That Diner pinball belongs to my wife. It had sputtery sounds since we purchased it and I finally got around to getting it on the bench. Someone had put some really odd caps in it so I had to redo those and dig into why all the sounds were bad. They replaced all the op amps so the only things left were the volume control connections, passive components, and the audio amp chips. I tested the passives around the amp chips and then replaced the 2 chips.

I also worked on my Skee Ball game today. I adjusted the playfield switches, installed a new bulb in the topper, then installed a blue cover and ring on the topper that I got from a local operator. This one has been a pain. It had a bad control board on the ticket dispenser and it took me forever to get the coin mech adjusted and working correctly, but it's VERY popular when my brother's grandkids come over.

Offline johnnybgood1

• Just do it!
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • johnnybgood1 New User barely matters.johnnybgood1 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Konami Games
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 12:01:01 AM »
Channel,

Are you the only one on this thread?  How come nobody is responding?

John

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 07:39:07 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline channelmaniac

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 08:28:17 AM »
Hi John!

Joey has been very kind in letting me keep my repair logs out here on the NLG forums in my own forum section.

There's an Arcade section on the forums that folks can use to put their own questions or repair logs in or Q&A and Feedback threads that can be used by others to give me feedback or questions.

Raymond

Channel,

Are you the only one on this thread?  How come nobody is responding?

John

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Misc Computers
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2020, 02:57:32 PM »
Model: Timex Sinclair 1500
Symptom: No response from keyboard

Keyboard had a cracked mylar film, typical of these. Procured a replacement then installed and tested it successfully.

I haven't heard of one of those in decades!
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline channelmaniac

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2020, 12:10:44 PM »
I haven't heard of one of those in decades!

Yup! I'm going through a large amount of vintage computer and gaming gear and getting ready to have a retro-only yard sale. There's already buzz about it on the DFW Retro Computing group on Facebook. :)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Midway Games
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2020, 09:46:02 AM »
Post a picture of two of your shop sometime. I'd love to see where all these cool games are repaired and given new life!  :yes:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline channelmaniac

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2020, 01:47:52 PM »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2020, 09:47:33 AM »
I have them up in my group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10151217618329132&set=oa.10151195381383795
I've "Facebook Friended" you.  :wave:
Now you'll have a face attached to the name. I always wonder if I look like people on NLG picture me??  :24:
I just had major spine surgery so you'll see some lovely hospital shots. I should have taken pictures of my pretty nurses... dang!  :hissyfit:

Offline channelmaniac

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2020, 11:39:47 PM »
...I should have taken pictures of my pretty nurses... dang!  :hissyfit:

They look different when the pain meds wear off. :D

You'll find me posting a lot in my business group and in the Arcade Game Repair Help Group!!! group on Facebook.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2020, 09:12:57 AM »
...I should have taken pictures of my pretty nurses... dang!  :hissyfit:

They look different when the pain meds wear off. :D

You'll find me posting a lot in my business group and in the Arcade Game Repair Help Group!!! group on Facebook.

No they were still cute!!! I'm in OC. They're all Asian here!  :drool04:
I'll check out more on the FB page later. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal