New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help Please!! Olympic Cash Crusade Slant top Issues  (Read 6970 times)

Offline Unbolted565

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Unbolted565 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Help Please!! Olympic Cash Crusade Slant top Issues
« on: May 16, 2014, 07:48:42 PM »
Firstly, GREAT SITE  :nlg-logo: !!

Guys!! I really need your help. 

I have a Olympic Video Gaming "Cash Crusade" machine which has  a "LOGIC SEAL ERROR: SEAL 1 BROKEN, POWER OFF" error message. I Have traced the 2 logic circuits on the OA2 Logic board to the logic cage cherry switch (SEAL 2) and to the pin switch located under the count meters at the top of the machine (SEAL 1).  Both switches have tested good with continuity measured at the board, so i can say the switches are OK. 

I came across a set of instructions on the NGL Archived site to reset the RAM using this procedure >> Remove ES3 (Game chip), Turn on Machine and wait for load screen, Press RAM CLEAR button, Turn off Machine, Replace chip, Turn on Machine.  Now these step were followed and on screen indications did show a confirmation the RAM CLEARED was successful, however the machine is now stuck on a "SELECT A BUTTON PANEL" screen where it does not respond to any buttons (including the ram clear, attendant, cancel credit buttons).

From reading archived post on NGL I came across a similar post where I may need to clear the I/O RAM using an EPROM.  I have access to a EPROM burner so if possible would someone be able to provide me a copy of the files required steps and if possible a manual to resolve this issue.

Any help would be much appreciated, sorry for the huge amount information.  I have attached some photos to show what i have encountered.  Below are the spec of the machine from what i can see.

Manufacture: Olympic Video Gaming (Serial Stickers inside machine indicate IGT.  from what i understand Olympic was bought out by IGT)
Model: SLANTOP (I assume the actual model is Slant Top)
Accessories: Micro Coin S7, WBA-11-SS Note Validator, 190/26 Pwer supply unit.
Logic Board: OA2V30 Rev 1.2   (Dated March 17 1997) Fitted with RAM CLEAR button on logic cage
                     ES1: NSW SHELL V404502G
                     ES2: DATA M0000108
                     ES3: CASH CRUSADE500 SG083J01
                     ES4: CASH CRUSADE SS083_01 SYMBOL
                     ES5: SOUND S0000200
I/O Board: IOCARD PCBM47 V2.1 (Dated 10 November 1995)
                 U26: I/O CARD 6.19 EA02447 U26

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 03:31:30 AM by Unbolted565 »

Offline Unbolted565

• NLG
Re: Help Please!! Olympic Cash Crusade Slant top Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 02:14:07 AM »
can anyone help me with this issue?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 04:17:00 PM »
Hi Unbolted! And  :NLG_WELCOME:

Although you've done an excellent job with your post and pics, I see you haven't received any response(s). The machine you have is just not a real common make (Olympic), and many of us are not familiar with it.

Don't despair, it may take a little while, but lets hope one of our members can jump in and help you out! We've got a ton of very knowledgable members here, so if any place can help you, this is it!

Again, welcome to NewLifeGames, and hang in there! Someone will chime in and give you a hand!
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Unbolted565

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 04:42:07 AM »
Thanks CVslots,  :cool_thumb_up:

Hopefully someone knows something about this machine.  I've tried all the local repair shops which specialize in these types of machines however they are fully booked out for the next few weeks  :no:

Offline SS308

• Reputation Power: 2
  • SS308 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 10:06:26 PM »
Try sending a PM to Mazwreck he is pretty good on those old boat anchors.
Looks like a machine I sold in Canberra recently, I gave up on it as well.
Mazwreck is also after a mainboard so theres another option, see his adds on Gumtree.

Offline Unbolted565

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 11:04:53 PM »
Hi SS308,
What a small world I just bought the machine from Canberra and have also given up on the machine.  I have now fitted a PC to the machine and interfaced the coin validator, coin hopper, buttons and key switches and am currently working on interfacing the Bill Validator via RS232.  Next step is hopefully reading the game EPROM and emulating the game to the PC. 
The machine now has over 10 pokies and 8000+ games.  Much better than the standard machine!!

Ill try and contact Mazwreck and see if he needs parts.
Cheers

Offline SS308

• SS308 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 12:52:44 AM »
Good luck with that project, If you ever need Aristorat stuff let me know, also have a bit of IGTgear as well.
Currently have an Excite lowboy 5 Dragons for sale if your interested.

cheers

Offline Mitsomitso

• Mitsomitso New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 08:08:58 AM »
Hi have the same machine with the same problem originally had a Logic broken seal 1 error did a ram clear now can't get out of this screen  can anyone help
Thanks

Offline chemstar

• Reputation Power: 3
  • chemstar New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 04:50:26 AM »
they are worse than boat anchors my fist machine i ever bought was an Olympic,

all the old school techs say they were a bastard to fix even when u could get parts for em

pm me and ill send you the files to clear it but u will need to burn it that usually fixes problems like urs

Offline Mitsomitso

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 03:45:49 AM »
Kinda new at this not to sure how to burn EPROMs found a few burners on ebay cheap but again not sure if they'll do the job but if you don't have a go you'll never learn.
Many Thanks

Offline Mitsomitso

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 04:05:26 AM »
Also not sure which chip needs burning so all info would be appreciated
Cheers

Offline mazwreck

• mazwreck New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 04:11:59 AM »
if its stuck in the setup screen from a ram clear the main boards no good and replacements are like hens teeth

Offline prelude1989

• prelude1989 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2021, 10:46:17 AM »
Sorry to dig up such an old thread!

I just moved into a new house and found an Olympic 'version 40' pokie in the garage with three pairs of CPU/IO boards.

All are exhibiting much the same behaviour as the posts above.... complaining about logic seal errors, meter errors, button errors, etc.  I did a RAM clear on two of the boards but now I'm stuck at the config screen too, and no input from buttons, key switches etc, has any effect.

Has anyone had any breakthroughs in fixing these in the last 6 years since the above post? It must be a common issue, I've seen several reports on various forums but no confirmed fix.

If anyone has advice or experience with these (or old service manuals!), I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Offline prelude1989

• prelude1989 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2022, 05:33:25 AM »
I thought I should update the thread, in case anyone is searching for information on these old Olympic machines!

I managed to resolve the machine being unresponsive to button/touchscreen input, by replacing the 'Dallas Clockchip' with a new one.  I ended up buying an aftermarket replacement (from GlitchWorks) that includes a socketed lithium coin cell.

I've now managed to progress past the initial configuration screens, and can see the game screen but I'm unable to play.  At the top of the screen (in the bar that shows 'credits', 'win', 'bet', etc) a flashing 'Machine Disabled' message can be seen in red, and the status banner at the bottom of the screen cycles between the following messages:

* Disable - Port 1, 2, 3
* Guaranteed Random by Olympic, Checked/Tested by the Government
* Machine Disabled
* Machine Reset
* Invalid Game
* Power Up
* Main Door Closed
* Select Your Game
* Game Over

Does anyone know the meaning of the 'Disable - Port 1, 2, 3', 'Machine Disabled', and 'Invalid Game' messages?  I have a feeling I'm at the final hurdle... So near, but so far ...

Thanks!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal