New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 809 5 coin multiplier  (Read 39723 times)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Bally 809 5 coin multiplier
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2018, 08:35:17 PM »
.....And i donated 20$ today for all your guys help. thank you for your time.

:cool_thumb_up:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2018, 03:50:28 AM »
I will go out to the shop in a little while when the sun comes up and check what the resistance is supposed to be this is where you should set your meter

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Tat2Dave New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2018, 04:16:11 PM »
I took the armature off today and it does look like the lockout coil did get hot. Was gonna get one from K LAR but it wouldn't show up on his web page when i went to it, gonna get it someplace else, but charging me $45, would of been $19 from K LAR.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2018, 04:24:04 PM »
Also, dropped a nickle in to see if i could pull the handle and it only registered 1 nickle on the top lights, and when i pulled the handle the top lights went out?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2018, 04:53:03 PM »
I took the armature off today and it does look like the lockout coil did get hot. Was gonna get one from K LAR but it wouldn't show up on his web page when i went to it, gonna get it someplace else, but charging me $45, would of been $19 from K LAR.
You should have called KLar to get your part, or at least posted a WTB ad in the classified. Heck I just found one on EBay for $19.99 + $4.50 shipping. I’d see if I could cancel that other one for $45.00!!!
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2018, 08:34:05 PM »
I’ll get the name for after market coils. That coil would be around $10 to 15 at the most.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2018, 08:41:34 PM »
I have a bunch here.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2018, 08:57:00 PM »
That’s why he can find the coil Gary.
You and Jon have them all.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2018, 09:01:04 PM »
That’s why he can find the coil Gary.
You and Jon have them all.

I never saw him ask for one? I’d gladly helped. Last think I saw was that he had voltage, but had not check the continuity of the coil.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2018, 09:17:58 PM »
I haven’t seen every coil, but the coil doesn’t look right for the application.
Going to check in the morning.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2018, 09:40:25 PM »
It should be a M37-2700 or something like that. It a thin coil.
And remember...

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2018, 03:57:52 PM »
Yep, that's the one M-37-2700. So on the continuity test i turn the power off on the slot machine, I put the volt meter on continuity turned the top dial to 3000 the bottom dial to K and the ohm sign and 320.0 comes ohm the volt meter screen with the 3 flashing, now do i just touch the wires on the coil? If so, it beeps and 237.9, but then it goes down to 236.4

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2018, 10:29:43 PM »
I did say i needed parts for my slot machine on the first page of this topic, and Jon asked my what parts i needed and i posted the parts i was looking for and Jon said he had the stuff i was looking for, but i forgot to let him know where i lived. ( Sacramento ) Sorry Jon. Still need a ramp switch ( E-106-92 ) 5 cent and heavier coins. I could not find any lockout coils on ebay, and i did talk to Alan at K LAR but he said i couldnt order it over the phone. It's no big deal.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2018, 11:36:38 PM »
Sorry I missed it. It’s actually called a scavenger coil. If you type that in at EBay it shows up.
And remember...

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2018, 11:12:30 AM »
The parts list i have says lockout coil, so that is what i was looking for, not knowing it has another name, thank you. can anyone tell me about the continuity test? I posted what happened when i did it, would like to know if i did it right or not? And if thats what it should read? Thank you

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2018, 11:16:47 AM »
The coil on my slot machine doesnt look right ( David Lee )? Got this today, so hopefully it will help me.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2018, 11:48:29 AM »
Why do you think your coils not correct? The scavenger coil or lock out coil is only about 1/2” to fit behind the coin mech. It’s the only coil in the machine this size.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2018, 02:57:40 PM »
One way to test a coil is by activating it with the correct voltage or something close with in 10 volts.
In your case the coil should be disconnected. Clip a yellow wire on one side and the orange on the other.
These can be obtained from yellow and orange wires in the machine, an old bally transformer or a power supply made for testing.
If the coil is good it will pull a screw driver on to the metal core.

NOTE This can be done in the machine, but if the coil is not getting power you will get a false negative result. 

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2018, 04:46:02 PM »
I'm sorry i need to learn how to word things better, It was supposed to be a question to DavidLee because he said the coil doesn't look right for the application, so i wanted to know if he meant my coil?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2018, 05:09:53 PM »
I'm sorry i need to learn how to word things better, It was supposed to be a question to DavidLee because he said the coil doesn't look right for the application, so i wanted to know if he meant my coil?

Ok Tat2Dave... I’m gone... You and Davidlee can figure this out.  See yea 👋.. :wave:
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal