**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > **Reel Gaming Machines** **General Chat**

Cloning Compact Flash for Backup Purposes

(1/6) > >>

Slotman:
Let me preface by saying I do not condone copyright infringement nor am I inquiring about copying software but backup of licensed software.

Has anyone successfully cloned their CF card and created a backup?

This would be software that requires a dongle so it is purely a backup for disaster purposes?

Back when CDS gaming was around I would clone the HDD to a bootable CF just for longevity not knowing how long the HDD would last and it was a byte by byte backup and worked very well.

I am wondering about backing up software for WMS / Aruze / Bally.  Has anyone had good luck?

I have some very unique games and they could never be replaced if a CF was corrupted.

CommTech:
I am in the same boat. I also have some CF cards for my Bally S9000 that I need to backup.  I believe they are Linux based so I don't believe that they can be duplicated using Windows.

Slotman:

--- Quote from: CommTech on November 13, 2021, 10:16:10 AM ---I am in the same boat. I also have some CF cards for my Bally S9000 that I need to backup.  I believe they are Linux based so I don't believe that they can be duplicated using Windows.

--- End quote ---

Doing a byte by byte backup disregards any OS and just sees bytes.  I didnt know if there was some type of safeguard or protection that if i stuck this in a CF reader it would invalidate the card

CommTech:
I understand byte by byte copy disregards the O.S., but in order for windows to recognize the CF card to copy, it would need to be formatted with a file system that windows recognizes...  Unless you have a cloaner that is not Windows based. I would not think that attempting a read on the CF card would corrupt it, but I could not say that for sure. I can tell you I did try using Windows to read the CF Card and Windows could not see the card. The card still worked after the attempt.

Tilt:
I use Self image or Recovery Manager.  They're both old programs, but they're free and they work. 

https://download.cnet.com/VaioSoft-Recovery-Manager/3000-2094_4-10286449.html

https://selfimage.en.softonic.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version