New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: bought 2 machines with just 1 working ended up with none working :/  (Read 803 times)

Offline adar

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • adar New User has no influence.
  • NLG
before i start, i did make a lot of research on the forum and couldn't find a way to fix my issue.(i actually stayed up till 5am reading on the forum)  a lot of valuable info around here, i learned a lot, amazing,
so here is the story, i bought 2 slots machines about 2 weeks ago, 1 working 1993 triple double 2 credits 25c and one non working 1993 red white blue with 3 paylines 25c as well.
as for the previous owner the non working machine have a damaged motherboard due an old battery leak on the board and damage it, after short inspection you can also see some water damaged, rust and damaged chips.

so i tried to use the working motherboard on the non working machine and it came on but gave an error for a wrong game chip. well that was a good sign that it basically needs a motherboard and chips and we good to go.

but of course my stubborn personality wants to keep testing and check if i can make it work, so i got the red blue white chip out of the damage motherboard and tried to install it on the working board, well it didnt work, so i decided to bring everything back to normal, plugged the working board back into the triple double and everything worked just fine.

about an hour later i asked myself, if it was just the chip on the non working red white blue machine the board might be still ok, so i got the working game chip out of the triple double, plugged it in on the board the didnt worked before and tried to turn the triple double machine on with the board that didnt work, unfortunately it didnt come on at all, and after i inspect it even more i realize that the motherboard dont look good at all and it make sense it actually dead. i unplugged the game chip and plugged it back in the working motherboard, and guess what, something happened, now even the working machine wont start, i slide the board back in, turn it on the reels get stiff, but nothing else, screen wont come on, no sound no light no service light, nothing, i checked the board, power supply, all the cables, everything looks fine and in good condition, and i cant figure it out. i got a question for the pros here, does it make sense that i damage the chip when i insert it to the damaged board and powered it on ? if so, it make sense that thats the reason not it will get power and the reel get stiff but nothing else will come on ?
some photos added, if any more info needed just let me know, im super determined to fix it.
btw i did order new motherboard, hopefully the right one, and also new chips for both machines, game and reels.
https://www.slotmachinepartsstore.com/online-store/IGT-S-CPU-16-MG-NEW-p73095425
thats the board i bought

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: bought 2 machines with just 1 working ended up with none working :/
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 02:11:15 PM »
Those pics are of MPU boards.  The motherboard is the backplane it slides onto.  You need a 10mhz MPU not a 16mhz MPU.

Offline adar

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 02:18:18 PM »
it just looked almost exactly the same so i ordered it, should i cancel ?
i thought i just need to place it on the plate

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 02:24:40 PM »
it just looked almost exactly the same so i ordered it, should i cancel ?
i thought i just need to place it on the plate

You can use the 16mhz MPU but you will need a different SP (game) chip.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline adar

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2023, 02:30:04 PM »
i ordered the chips from a different place, so i just emailed them and asked if those chips will worked on 16mhz board.

by the way, any ideas on the issue with the slot machine ? the one that worked before ? you think that a damaged game chip will cause the machine not to turn on ?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2023, 03:08:29 PM »
 :sherlock: Look underneath on the bottom...take your sweet time.....inspect carefully...see if any pins got bent/folded over.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline adar

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2023, 07:19:06 PM »
already did, besides thinking that the old damage board was bad and it damaged the chip i cant really say much, i didnt to nothing to the working board bwsied taking the game chip out and try it on the damage board.
i turn it on, the reels get stiffed, the bill validator making noises and thats it, nothing else !

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2023, 08:09:19 PM »
I think the reel chip appears to be installed backwards.  Look for the notch on the chip, do not look at the direction of the stickers as these are sometimes put on backwards.  The notch on the chip should be facing down as shown on the white etching on the mainboard's mpu.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline adar

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2023, 08:21:19 PM »
i dont think i ever touched that one, and it worked before
i added a better photo

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2023, 08:39:39 PM »
I see the notch now, it is in the correct place.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline adar

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2023, 08:45:41 PM »
power and other connectors looks fine as well

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal