New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 3902 repairing board  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Jtwigs14

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Jtwigs14 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
3902 repairing board
« on: March 08, 2023, 03:02:08 PM »
I have two 3902 boards one the battery went out so I’m waiting to fix can I take everything from that board ( the slot disc) an insert them into the other 3902 board an then key chip it will that work any help is greatly appreciated thank you

Attached a picture of the disc I am talking about

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 3902 repairing board
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 03:06:19 PM »
Yes swap the base eprom chip and both gme eprom chips and all the simms to new board. 

Offline Jtwigs14

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 03:26:06 PM »
Ok are you talking about these 4 chips in the picture an when swapping them out do I put each chip back the same way as it was on the other board, like basically do I mirror swap to the board

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 03:29:38 PM »
No, only the 2 gme chips circled and the base chip not circled.  All three chips with labels on them are the ones to move.  Yes same spot, same direction, on new board.  Also move all 5 simms to same spots on new board.

Offline Jtwigs14

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 03:31:41 PM »
Ok thank you so much an I put the disc chips in the first picture in the same slots on the new board as well

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2023, 03:35:30 PM »
What discs are you talking about?  Move 3 labeled eproms and all 5 simms.

Offline Jtwigs14

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2023, 03:38:17 PM »
The Simms is what I’m talking about I didn’t know what they were called exactly so I was saying disc lol sorry for the confusion, an thank you for all the help, also would I need to insert the clear key chip before putting the gme chip in?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2023, 03:40:30 PM »
No do not keychip until after you clear all errors.  Then keychip to setup game how you want it.  Keychip goes in the base chip socket.

Offline Jtwigs14

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2023, 03:46:54 PM »
Ok so I swap everything out an insert the board back into the machine, then let it give errors then turn machine off pull board insert clear chip an put back in, do all the key chip functions turn it back off insert base chip back into game an power back up an fix the settings

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2023, 04:38:57 PM »
Clear all the errors following the on screen instructions- turn jackpot key/press test button, etc.  Then keychip machine.

Offline Jtwigs14

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2023, 06:27:08 PM »
Ok thank you for all the help I’ll let you know how it goes tomorrow evening when I try it all out

Offline Jtwigs14

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2023, 06:50:10 PM »
I have 2 boards that don’t have 5 simms is that normal or am I missing them

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2023, 07:14:28 PM »
Normal.  The number of SIMM cards depends on the game software.  For SIMM based software games you can have from 1 - 3 PXL SIMMs, 1-CGF (wider card that is installed under the sound board), and one DSS (sound SIMM) that is installed on the sound board daughter board.

Offline Jtwigs14

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2023, 07:31:06 PM »
Ok thank you how can I figure out what games they are exactly like I know what 2 of the games are on my 4 boards but can’t figure out the other 2 without having to keychip another machine back and forth?

Offline Jtwigs14

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2023, 07:31:43 PM »
An also how can I figure out what each Simms card does an what order it goes in or what

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2023, 07:40:32 PM »
PXL SIMMs go in the three vertical slots on the MPU board.  Order and slot doesn't matter, but if there's more than one I usually them in numerical order (PLXF3/4/5) because my brain is wired to put things in order if there is one (even if it doesn't matter).  The CGF SIMM is the wide SIMM card and it goes in the horizontal slot under the sound card.  The DSS (sound) SIMM goes in the horizontal slot on the sound board. 

Offline Jtwigs14

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2023, 07:46:40 PM »
Ok perfect thank you , is they’re a way to tell what game it is off of the simms or the base chips?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2023, 07:53:27 PM »
Yes, if you have one that you want to know about post the base and gme numbers. 

Offline Jtwigs14

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2023, 07:58:51 PM »
2 different one first one has yellow an second is refular

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2023, 08:22:26 PM »
I can't make out the numbers in the photos.  Post the numbers and we can tell you.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal