New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bought used s2000 and its not happy.......Need help  (Read 1739 times)

Offline calilumber

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • calilumber New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bought used s2000 and its not happy.......Need help
« on: February 18, 2023, 06:41:58 PM »
I bought two machines and one started right up with a new coin battery. 

My second machine, a Triple Double 777, is not doing well.  I turned it on, turned key, tried to the white button on the board and it didn't do much at all.  The blue display only has partial letters and the red display that typically says winner paid and credits, instead says "no" "display".  Here is a picture of the board.

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Bought used s2000 and its not happy.......Need help
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 07:22:04 PM »
The MPU isn't able to communicate with the blue VFD display.  That's what the "No Disp" is telling you in the red LEDs.  Post a picture of the inside of your door and we can see if it's properly connected.

Offline calilumber

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 07:29:14 PM »
Pics of inside door

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023, 07:42:34 PM »
Nothing jumps out at me there.  I'd swap the VFD controller out with a working one and see if that fixes it.  It's the board that's screwed to the back of the door with the multi-color ribbon cable attached to it.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 404
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2023, 06:42:33 AM »
There's some exposed pins on the coin mech wiring harness...can we see that better?
It's very possible one of the exposed pins shorted out something...esp.if they could touch metal.
Also, the top of that ribbon cable...it needs to be firmly inserted into the display panel's socket.

It does look like someone was mucking around on your machine.
Up on the other photo, towards the left side of the panel, there's some duct tape covering a screw??  :duh:
I'm going to bet that whoever had this machine before you, bent a pin somewhere and it's shorting out against another pin.
They may have already done the damage by removing or installing something with the power switch [ON].

Turn the power [OFF], carefully inspect circuit board pins underneath them...the pins should be perfectly straight.
For starters, there's one right behind that colored ribbon cable Tilt is talking about.
It's called an I/O card and it helps the deck buttons communicate with the machine's main computer called an MPU.
You can see part of the handle sticking out. There should be a harness connected to the top of it.
Grasp the handle and slide it out towards 11 o'clock.
Take a good look at the pins underneath it.
If they look good, slide it back down slowly until it locks in....you'll feel the resistance as you push it onto the pins.

The main MPU board is located on the left wall of your cabinet under the reel shelf.
There's a bent handle on the front of it, grasp that and slide out the whole tray.
Inspect the pins under that.
If the pins look straight and good, take some pictures of the MPU and show us, we might spot something else.
Especially, around the battery areas.
To re-install the MPU, carefully slide it back into the metal housing the same you removed it.
At the end, firmly push it in until the end of the tray is flush with the metal housing.

Below I've attached a photo of the exposed wiring - we need to see what's going on there.
See if you can take a better photo of that.

Click on photo below to enlarge if needed...>>>
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 07:28:03 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2023, 09:27:36 AM »
I bought two machines and one started right up with a new coin battery. 

My second machine, a Triple Double 777, is not doing well.  I turned it on, turned key, tried to the white button on the board and it didn't do much at all.  The blue display only has partial letters and the red display that typically says winner paid and credits, instead says "no" "display".  Here is a picture of the board.
Remove that green Varta battery before it eats the board traces.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline calilumber

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2023, 03:11:58 PM »
There's some exposed pins on the coin mech wiring harness...can we see that better?
It's very possible one of the exposed pins shorted out something...esp.if they could touch metal.
Also, the top of that ribbon cable...it needs to be firmly inserted into the display panel's socket.

It does look like someone was mucking around on your machine.
Up on the other photo, towards the left side of the panel, there's some duct tape covering a screw??  :duh:
I'm going to bet that whoever had this machine before you, bent a pin somewhere and it's shorting out against another pin.
They may have already done the damage by removing or installing something with the power switch [ON].

Turn the power [OFF], carefully inspect circuit board pins underneath them...the pins should be perfectly straight.
For starters, there's one right behind that colored ribbon cable Tilt is talking about.
It's called an I/O card and it helps the deck buttons communicate with the machine's main computer called an MPU.
You can see part of the handle sticking out. There should be a harness connected to the top of it.
Grasp the handle and slide it out towards 11 o'clock.
Take a good look at the pins underneath it.
If they look good, slide it back down slowly until it locks in....you'll feel the resistance as you push it onto the pins.

The main MPU board is located on the left wall of your cabinet under the reel shelf.
There's a bent handle on the front of it, grasp that and slide out the whole tray.
Inspect the pins under that.
If the pins look straight and good, take some pictures of the MPU and show us, we might spot something else.
Especially, around the battery areas.
To re-install the MPU, carefully slide it back into the metal housing the same you removed it.
At the end, firmly push it in until the end of the tray is flush with the metal housing.

Below I've attached a photo of the exposed wiring - we need to see what's going on there.
See if you can take a better photo of that.

Click on photo below to enlarge if needed...>>>

As it turns out, the problem was easy to diagnose.  I used my functioning machine to plug and test and discovered the blue display is not functioning correctly.  After putting in the display from my functional machine, I was able to reboot the 777 machine and did a self test, it finished the self test arranged the wheels and I was about to put in money and it displayed.... Call Attendant, low MB, main Battery.

So I need the blue display, and someone locally who can remove and upgrade my main battery with removable type.  I'm in Murrieta, Ca, southern Riverside county. 

Making progress.......

Offline calilumber

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2023, 03:17:24 PM »
Nothing jumps out at me there.  I'd swap the VFD controller out with a working one and see if that fixes it.  It's the board that's screwed to the back of the door with the multi-color ribbon cable attached to it.

This worked!!!!! The VDF controller was good, the blue display was bad.

Getting low main battery, need to find someone out here to upgrade to removable battery and cutout my green battery.  Murrieta, Ca. South Riverside county. :thank_you:

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2023, 03:51:36 PM »
You can remove the varta yourself with a pair of pliers if you want to.  Grab the battery across the terminals and slowly twist the pliers clockwise and counterclockwise.  The metal tabs will weaken and break off at the circuit board then you're with that. 

Folks say that Batteries Plus will remove the soldered battery for you and put in a holder with a CR2032.  I haven't ever used that service so I don't know what it would cost, but may be an option for you.

Offline calilumber

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2023, 04:05:37 PM »
will try battery plus  :applause:

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2023, 06:40:14 PM »
For some reason, maybe due to insurance purposes, Batteries Plus told customers the no longer solder in batteries.
Let me know if that is true.

Offline calilumber

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2023, 06:54:03 PM »
They will not solder batteries, but they will install the carriage that hold the battery for $10. I'm buying the carriage and having them solder it as soon as I get it.  The guy pulled the battery and we installed a temp battery with electrical tape.  It worked, waiting on carriage to solder it.

Having some success, got the 777 to start up, bill collector acting up.  Pretty happy it worked until the validator acted up.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2023, 07:42:01 PM »
That is good to know.

Offline Tater

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Tater New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2023, 10:25:50 AM »
Did you have the Varta removed?

Post a pic of the area where the Varta was removed.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal