Bill Validators, Currency Acceptors and Printers > Printers - ALL

Epic Netplex/USB printer won’t accept flash

(1/2) > >>

sccarlso:
Greetings,

I’ve got an Epic 950L Netplex/USB printer that’s got me stumped!

It powers up & prints a test ticket, and is detected by my AVP on USB no problem.

But it isn’t flashed with IGT firmware so of course it won’t work as is.

The programming cable is simple.  Name brand USB to serial cable.  The programming interface is an easy 4 pin plug, tx/rx/ground pins on the 950 correctly wired with a DB9 breakout cable to the 4 pin molex plug.

Correct baud rate, 115,200 xon/xoff enabled.

Put the printer in programming mode, and the downloader software establishes connection and returns boot loader 1.13 and such so no boot loader update needed, communication is good to the printer.

I have IUU firmware for IGT.  Select it and click download.

It establishes communications with the printer and changes to Flashing on the app.

But that’s it.  Nothing flashes on the printer, it just stays in programming mode.  Should only take a min or two.  If I leave it for 10 mins nothing changes.  ???

If I use a different version of the firmware utility it does the same.  Restart the printer and no change, same firmware on a test print.  Only DIP switch on is 2, normal.

Am I missing something?  Videos show the same process but the flash completes.  Comms are good or it wouldn’t return the bootloader version or establish comms with it.  No errors or anything.

Anyone have an idea what could be wrong?  I’ve run out of ideas on what’s keeping it from flashing the new firmware as everything else in the process is working as it should.

Thanks!

Stayouttadabunker:
Erase whatever file is on the printer first, then flash it with the FW file you want.
You may be watching videos of printers already erased?  :scratch-head_3:

sccarlso:
Maybe a dumb question.  But how do I erase?

That’s not mentioned in any doc.   

Thanks!!!

Stayouttadabunker:
Don't thank me because I've never flashed any printers.
The "FLI Downloader" printer utility program I have, I don't even know how to use it.
I just opened it to see what options there are and I do not see any that would allow me to erase anything.
All I know is that when I need to flash an eprom, I normally wipe it first with a "erase" option in the program burner.
I figured that needs to be done as well with printer embedded eproms?
That is why I suggested it.
If there's no option to erase anything with your program utility, then maybe it doesn't need to be done.
Maybe your best bet is to continue trying until you succeed, or hope for a better answer from someone that flashes these Epic 950 printers.
If you're doing the same thing as the guys are doing in the videos, maybe there's something else different you're overlooking?
Or something physically different in the harness?

sccarlso:
Could be!  There just isn't much that can be wrong if the printer is returning proper data over the RS232 port to the app.  The app will return an error if a serial setting isn't correct, so there has to be two way communication that is working correctly or it would return an error.  :)

The exact steps are direct from Ithica for the Epic 950L printer, so I don't think they would omit a step.  lol

Hopefully someone has experienced this before that might know of something else to check that could cause this behavior.

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version