**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Universal Reel/Video Games

Which Universal slot machine is this

<< < (3/8) > >>

motofreak6868:
Hi Pitts256,
The power supply has been checked and is correct, the noise filter has been removed, the motherboard has been checked and adjusted, on some forum in Australia it is mentioned that the Eprom memory is deleted if the battery is faulty and that it is necessary to reinstall the program in Eprom

Pitts256:
The battery supplies backup voltage to the ram memory to store data that the CPU has pulled from the operation & game eproms as well as options preferences set by operator input. If the battery dies then those settings are lost and need to be re-entered. If the CPU powers up it will perform a system check and will either display a process error or proceed to boot up the game program for play. So confirming that all voltages exist are critical.

On the power supplies CN-2 plug:
Pink 5vdc
Red 12vdc
Orange 24vdc
Violet 32vdc

On the photo you sent I see some acid corrosion in the battery area. I myself have found open traces in the same area and made repairs as needed clear errors. Each trace should be rung out to check for open circuits. Also I noticed a piece of wire on the board at the D3 diode, a repair?

:cool_thumb_up:

UNIMAN:
Eprom memory IS NOT deleted by a dead battery. Only erasable ROM memory.

Eproms are erased by Ultraviolet light.

YOU BETTER HANG ON TO THOSE EPROMS!! CHANCES ARE YOU WILL NEVER FIND THAT PROGRAM.

UNIMAN:
And I see no eproms in your pic???

Pitts256:
Excellent point UNIMAN!

Here's an example of a board with a full compliment of chips.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version