**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Universal Reel/Video Games

Universal slot port test

(1/8) > >>

PCDOG:
"Stars and Strips" In Port test 7 (manual advance) I can move to each test, but does not perform any of the tests. Verified EPROM code 99051 is a 1990 model  My MPU board is 8116-A2 and sub board 81160SDS3 (B-D). Battery was replaced. All voltages on green dot power supply are OK.

Pitts256:
Hello PCDOG,

I'm assuming the machine will not play and you're in the troubleshooting process.

The power supply is good. Voltages read at the power supply plug CN-2 are correct (5vdc, 12vdc, 24vdc, 32vdc, 9.5vac, 100vac).

The MPU board "ALL CLEAR" button was held down during the power-up to clear all memory.

The MPU boots up and the LED displays are clear of any errors?

You're trying to perform the manual output tests through "Test Port No. 7". The main door is open and the door switch in the neutral (open) position.

The following method was used to toggle through the tests?

7) OUT-PORT TEST (MANUAL) "TEST PORT NO. 7"
This test port is same as the aforesaid "TEST
PORT NO. 5" but the test of each out-port
must be done manually. At first, select
"TEST PORT NO." by pressing the "TEST
SWITCH" seven times. Then press the "COIN
TEST SWITCH" to select the desired outport.
One press gives one step-up of the outport.
When you complete the selection, press
the "DOOR SWITCH". Then the selected outport
can be demonstrated only while the
"DOOR SWITCH" being pressed.

PCDOG:
Thanks for you reply.
I should have started with the the current problem that prompted me to performing port 7 manual test.  The slot starts up normal. Insert 3 coins and accepted. Can not pull the handle lever.
Have performed all the tests outlined in your reply. Except pressing the "TEST SWITCH" seven times is different on my slot. I press the test switch 4 times and then can move to select a port test.   Pressing it 5 times result in error 21 on display. Any idea on what to do next?

Pitts256:

Each time the RED "Service SW" button is pushed with the main door open a test credit is issued and can be played using the spin button or the pull handle. Since your machine is a 3 coin max per play the MPU allows up to 4 coins, if a fourth coin is entered it goes into a buffer and is used on the next play. If the RED "Service SW" is pushed a fifth time the MPU will error a "21' COIN JAM.

With that being said you should be able to push the RED "Service SW" one time for a credit and then pull the handle to play. Does the "Coin Accepted & Pull Handle " lamps come on with the one credit? If the handle is locked then one of the two handle photo eye switches is not being made which provides a handle position back to the MPU. If the photo eyes check good then the unlock solenoid coil is bad. They can be tested with TEST 5, TEST 6 (Automatic) and TEST 7 (Manual).

Regarding toggling through the tests, that's done using the GREEN "Test SW" button.

PCDOG:
No have not checked the 3 optical  sensors for the handle lever. I understand how to get into the port test features. I can enter the manual output tests through "Test Port No. 7" by pressing the service switch 4 time (NOT  7 for my slot) the  main door is open and the door switch in the neutral (open) position. As I said before the port test does not yields any results. WHY??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version