New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Homebrew EFT System  (Read 20736 times)

Offline peasoup49

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • peasoup49 New User has no influence.
  • Bad connection? Just use more solder.
Homebrew EFT System
« on: September 28, 2020, 03:15:22 PM »
Been looking around at the different setups that people have done for their home machines.  I kinda liked the one, "Slots@Home" because it was a simple interface from the screenshots on the old website, but never got it to work because you can't download .NET Framework 4.0 from Microsoft anymore (or maybe it was SQL Server 3.5.1??).  This is the point where the program crashes and points out what's missing and an unrecognized command.  I don't believe the original author recompiled it for Windows 10.

Has anyone dabbled in the programming of a simple interface that you can bonus a machine, monitor, print tickets, etc. all based on an IP address for a network connection?  It's been probably 20 years since I've programmed in C or I'd start slashing at it myself.  Plus I've lost that programming software and books somewhere during my military moves.  I've got one of the Bettor Slots Deluxe TITO's installed and just noticed the ethernet connection on the card after 4 years of owning it.  I know, I know, don't say it 'cuz I've already called myself it probably starting with dumb@$$.  :rotfl:  I'm hoping that there's something out here that is more than an interface via a web browser and works with Windows 10.  If need be, I could probably dust off my webpage programming skills to figure out something, but hoping there's someone who has programmed something already.  SASTest just has too many buttons to get confused over.

If someone has done a web interface and is willing to share the index.htm file, I'd appreciate if I could get a screenshot to see if I like what it'll do for me.

Thanks

Offline marcdavis

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • marcdavis New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Homebrew EFT System
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 03:24:30 PM »
Hey - I am in the process of building an Arduino-based player tracking display and reader. Replacing the lcd in the player tracking bracket and the guts of the card reader with an RFID board and RFID cards. Allows for programmable custom messages on the LCD, unique cards to track individual players and other functions. Communicates with the BettorSlots TITO Deluxe - reading stats from the machine to determine player wins/losses and allows for credits to be awarded as bonuses. Trying to work out a simple way to store the tracking data so multiple machines can access it - and not be a hassle for people to setup and maintain - IE: no SQL Server - lol.

I'll post some pics of the prototype shortly. Waiting on the WiFi board and a few other things. I will be offering the code to the community when done.

Marc

Offline marcdavis

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 06:43:32 AM »
So I was able to get the existing Vacuum Florescent Display (vfd) working with the arduino - looks much better than the LCD I was intending to use. Still waiting on the wifi module to continue development but most of the coding is done. Here is a pic of the prototype. I'll snap some pics of it mounted in the top box when done.

Offline peasoup49

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 07:54:42 AM »
I'm currently at the point of trying to send a command code to the machine. I think I'm screwing up at what point the CRC16 is being calculated and I'm sending the wrong thing so the machine just ignores what I'm sending.

Offline marcdavis

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 09:09:14 AM »
I'm going to 'cheat' that by talking to the BettorSlots Tito board instead of the slot machine directly; I can send it http get commands to add credits and read the counters to do the player tracking.

Offline peasoup49

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 03:48:40 PM »
Need a little clue.

I'm attempting to send a LP "21" to use as a wake up and to reset the seed value to 0 for further comms. I would like to verify I'm sending the correct HEX with the CRC. What I'm converting is "01 21 00 00" and get a HEX of "0xF979". Am I required to send all of that or truncate to "F979"? I've modified my library to accept 9N1 to Tx 9bit.  The author claims it can be used for Rx, but I'm not trusting that until I get a valid response back from the machine. On Rx, I am setting UCSR1B on and off, before and after reading each byte. Is this correct? Should I be reading the complete string with 9th bit on, then turning off and then doing the CRC conversion?

Thanks

Offline marcdavis

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 08:34:05 AM »
Unfortunately I have not delved into the SAS protocol yet; my 'solution' is to talk to the BettorSlots TITO board via http to get the info I need; much easier for what I am looking to do.

Offline marcdavis

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 08:51:31 AM »
So a few more screenshots and what I have working so far...

- Config and data stored on SD Card
- VFD Player Tracking Display - can be configured to display any message you want; has a default message and a message that displays when a player card is inserted (can also use LCDs by changing library)
- Inserting previously unregistered card registers it and creates a file on the SD card; file can be edited later to customize player name and read stats
- 3 types of cards, Player cards, Admin cards (not sure what I will do with this yet), and System Bonus cards - which add a preset number of credits to the game
- App tracks player wins, losses, games played and $$ won
- Talks via wifi/http to BettorSlots TITO Deluxe to get counter data and to add credits
- Logging to serial monitor (for debugging)

Still to do:

- Option to switch from local SD storage to network storage for player data and configuration - so multiple machines can participate in player tracking
- Small http server for storing data - not sure if I can fit this on the arduino or if it will have enough power to run it plus everything else
- Ability to wire-in player tracking keyboard for some data entry and option setting at machine vs having to edit config files and such

Far off wish list
- Build/Modify SAS library for arduino so I can talk directly to the slot machine (basically a TITO+Player Tracking module)

Still considering how to offer this to the community - As there are so many machine types; different player tracking hardware (displays, keypads, etc). I can only test with what I have.

Marc

Offline marcdavis

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 12:54:16 PM »
OK - I have finished enough of the app to where I would like to share it with the community. I have placed the project, related files and hardware instructions on github. Feel free to take a look; I will be exploring improvements and updates as I use the app more myself. Enjoy!

https://github.com/marcrdavis/ArduinoPlayerTracking

Marc

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 01:54:43 PM »
Thanks for sharing.  :applause: :applause: :applause:
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline peasoup49

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 09:10:41 PM »
OK - I have finished enough of the app to where I would like to share it with the community. I have placed the project, related files and hardware instructions on github. Feel free to take a look; I will be exploring improvements and updates as I use the app more myself. Enjoy!

https://github.com/marcrdavis/ArduinoPlayerTracking

Marc

Nice job, Marc!!

Offline iwalker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • iwalker New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2020, 06:55:03 AM »
Hello Marc

Thanks for sharing - Nicely documented.

Offline marcdavis

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2020, 09:03:59 PM »
Quick update - with a little help from forum member Ian Walker (thank you) I have implemented enough of the SAS protocol to add a full TITO and remote control experience to my Arduino Player Tracking and Display project. I am finishing testing and documentation now. Attached a screenshot of the web interface to give you an idea of the features available. The software is compatible with the BETTORSlots IOS/Android apps for remote control or you can use the web UI. The software can be configured for TITO/Display/Player Tracking or just TITO. It also can be configured in a client/server role to serve player card data to multiple machines or you can run the standalone web server EXE I will include in the package.

NOTE: I am not trying to displace the BETTORSlots TITO product. I built this for my own use but I also want to contribute to the community that has helped me greatly with this hobby. This is not a for-profit venture for me - I won't be selling this as a commercial product. As such I would appreciate the community respect my copyright on the app and not build commercial solutions that compete with Jim's product. Thank you.

Marc

Offline peasoup49

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2020, 09:25:07 PM »
Very cool, Marc.  I'm still hen-pecking at mine.  So far I've got it to do the base stuff like lock/unlock, mute, etc.  Working on my web interface now.  Last count I'm looking at 80 buttons to do all the different features and hoping to be able to test it on an other-than-IGT machine when it's complete.  All the HTML is code generated on the Mega2560 and sitting at 40k filled and over 1100 lines of code (hands are killing me).  :Tongue_Out:  My goal is to have it complete by Thanksgiving and then 'pretty up' the interface with graphics or whatever.

Got a couple pointers from Ian as well to get me past a roadblock I was at.  :banghead: :cool_thumb_up:

Offline marcdavis

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2020, 09:32:04 PM »
That's a lot of buttons! lol. I looked at the SAS protocol and determined what features would be of the most value (to me) and generally others. I thought of adding things like being able to randomly play music files from the game but would there be great value in that? :) I guess it depends...

I took the position of trying to compliment my existing Display and Player Tracking project; and just like you I'm rapidly running out of memory on the Mega - LOL! Only so much this little thing can do. Ran into all kinds of memory corruption issues related to chars and strings that exceeded their bounds. All fixed now but it drove me batty for several days. Best of luck on your dev project!

It has been an experience learning to program for the minimal...

MD

Offline peasoup49

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2020, 09:38:14 PM »
That's a lot of buttons! lol. I looked at the SAS protocol and determined what features would be of the most value (to me) and generally others. I thought of adding things like being able to randomly play music files from the game but would there be great value in that? :) I guess it depends...

I took the position of trying to compliment my existing Display and Player Tracking project; and just like you I'm rapidly running out of memory on the Mega - LOL! Only so much this little thing can do. Ran into all kinds of memory corruption issues related to chars and strings that exceeded their bounds. All fixed now but it drove me batty for several days. Best of luck on your dev project!

It has been an experience learning to program for the minimal...

MD

No kidding on the learning process.  I use to code in C about 25 years ago.  It's been a painful learning curve to get back up to 2nd gear.  I'm hoping to find a player tracking system for mine.  I want to eventually setup the software to mock an AFT transfer and print a "credit card" receipt at the machine. LOL

Offline marcdavis

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2020, 09:45:15 PM »
I thought about the AFT stuff too - then re-thought it. lol Too much to implement for the folks that would be enjoying my machines. I may develop a Windows console for my machine/player tracking code if interest develops.

MD

Offline marcdavis

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2020, 08:56:35 AM »
OK! Version 2.0 of the Arduino TITO & Player Tracking/Display project has been released! You will find all of the code and documentation here: https://github.com/marcrdavis/ArduinoTITO-PlayerTracking

Enjoy. I would love feedback and pics of how you guys implemented the project.

Regards,

Marc

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 407
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2020, 09:08:10 AM »
Sounds pretty awesome Marc!

Is there a video link of your work in action using a card?

Maybe I'm overlooking it?

This sounds pretty cool to make!  :cool_thumb_up:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline marcdavis

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2020, 09:15:23 AM »
I'll post a video!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal