New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally MasterComm 250 DISPLAY BOARD (New Style) Bally# 205760  (Read 4082 times)

Offline FireballJackpot

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 122
  • FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Bally MasterComm 250 DISPLAY BOARD (New Style) Bally# 205760
« on: February 22, 2015, 01:48:38 AM »
FOUND 'EM !!!!!   Thanks Nichol !! 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 06:30:45 PM by FireballJackpot »

Offline Eddiie

• Reputation Power: 45
  • Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: Bally MasterComm 250 DISPLAY BOARD (New Style) Bally# 205760
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 11:46:14 PM »
Anyone else have one of these "new style" displays?
I'd like to get one.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 01:01:13 AM »
What’s the deal with the new style that makes it better than the old style?

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline FireballJackpot

• Sr NLG Member
  • FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 05:33:45 AM »
The “new style” doesn’t flash those irritating asterisks (*********) at the bottom of your scrolling message.

I believe the newer display software ignores the missing server content (No off-line error indicator).

PS: Boy, you were surfing awhile!  LOL...   3-year old post.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 06:38:13 AM by FireballJackpot »

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 06:29:38 AM »
I changed the asterisks to the words good luck on mine.
I think we did that for Jason also. Could easily be replaced with spaces  so nothing  would show. All this is done on the chip inside the 250 box not the display itself.
I'm not getting an offline message with the old style either.
So what is the difference? Maybe post a picture.
Thanks
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Eddiie

• Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 08:49:50 AM »
The only message stored on the display that I know of is the Bally systems (c) 1996.
The asterisk would come from the controller..?
Now I really want one.

Offline FireballJackpot

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 09:26:28 AM »
You plug your MC250 into the old style display, you get the flashing asterisks “******” on the the 2nd line (unless you’ve changed the ******** to say Good Luck or whatever).

The new style displays you do not. All you get is your scrolling message. So the OS on the display is different. Same MC250 box connected to both displays.

Just a personal preferrence on if you want the 2nd line displayed.

Offline Eddiie

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 07:58:54 PM »
I (and a buddy of mine) have spent the better half of the last 6 months studying packet captures from Mastercom devices to figure out the protocol and control the devices using their protocol.

I have made an Arduino shield and v2.0 of my circuit board just came in today and am I happy to say it works.

The UNO ran out of RAM and have to move on to the Mega, redesigned the board to work with the mega spi pins (for the SD card).  Long story, but it is done and back to coding.

Currently the code will read a config file from the SD card.  The config file contains line 1 and line 2 text.    If you insert a certain type of player card it says LUCKY MODE and the LEDS turn Green on the card reader.   That's when the Uno ran out of RAM.

I'll make a post in the Homebrew Player Tracking fourm in a bit, but here is the video - https://youtu.be/_eaH88Z9Y7M   

Now that it works on the Mega, can get back to coding, here is a picture of the board - no, I can't seem to attach a picture here.

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2018, 08:12:26 PM »
I thought you were working on a mastercom 350.
Seems like you spent a lot of time if that's a 250 since it's relatively easy to reprogram the eeprom to do the same thing  that you have posted :Scratch-Head:
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Eddiie

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2018, 08:30:41 PM »
Yeah, maybe, but that is a hack and takes 2 mastercoms to make the card reader LEDs not blink Amber after awhile, wires everywhere.  This is plug and play.

Maybe someone with a slot store would be interested, the slot floor can have custom messages on all the machines for advertising, selling, whatever.
Maybe I missed the boat but there is a hell of a lot of Mastercom player tracker units out there.

You can even program it so when certain cards are read, it can display your name, a personal message, whatever.

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2018, 09:10:37 PM »
A properly programmed 250 only takes one unit and LEDs stay the same until card insert and message change. One cable from the 250 to the display and one cable from the display to the card reader. Plug and play
Maybe I missed something but last time I checked 250 boxes and power supplies were cheap and plentiful
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 11:11:21 AM by qbert »

Offline Eddiie

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 06:05:10 PM »
I acquired one of these displays.  They have 10 pre-programmed animations.  Check them out -  https://youtu.be/oQTA9OjuFHA

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 08:15:55 AM »
Can you still display your own custom message from a 250 box with one of those?

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 01:57:20 PM »
Those are pretty cool, and yes, I’m curious about the customization too.  Anybody know a price range what those would go for? 

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal