**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT S and S-plus Reel Games

IGT S+ Double Diamond Coin In No Credit Issue

<< < (2/5) > >>

Pitts256:
I had the same issue with an S+ machine.

1) The ABC Optics board wasn't functioning due to a shorted DS3 LED diode. Replaced the diode and the optics B & C tested good.
2) Coins would pass through the comparator and optics but would not register coins in. I tried a fix posted by Jim removing Q2 on the optics board which essentially disconnects the link between the comparator and optics board and places the "A" DS1 LED diode back online.  This worked and restored play. So this meant the comparator 12mSec pulse to the optics timing circuit wasn't there. I went back to the comparator and found the board voltages off and noisy, the filter capacitor C1 (Radial 220mf 35v) had failed. I replaced the cap, re-installed Q2 and all's good.

Here's a link to Jim's fix. "https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=35395.msg187531#msg187531"

Also I did a modification for the comparator issued by Coin Mechanisms to take heat generated from resistor R36 off of the capacitor C1. The mod was removing R36 from the topside of the board and placing it flush on the backside. This also gives a little more room for a slightly larger C1 cap than the original.

Jim:
the best test for the optics is the Popsicle style test.  remove the coin comp., get in the test and preform each test, all three should toggle, when these all toggle and the cc-16 accepts the coin and presents it to the optics, in theory the machine should establish a credit when using a coin.

if 10-1 is not toggling then the optic is not seeing the beam being broken by the blockage from the the Popsicle stick.

when this happens, I remove either Q-2 or Q-4 from the optic board, its a surface mounted transistor, this will typically put the optic
back in the circuit, and THIS TYPICALLY WILL FIX 99 PERCENT  OF THE ISSUES WITH 10-1 NOT TOGGLING.

it has no other effect on the game play etc.

Hope this helps

Jim

ikelly208:
Thanks Pitts256 & Jim for pointing out the Q2/Q4 optics board modification!  :cool_thumb_up:

I removed Q4 from my optics board and I now get 10_1 to toggle to 0 during the input test w/popsicle stick!
I verified the other optics 11_1 and 12_1 toggle correctly as they did before Q4 removal. Also verified 13_1 toggling with door closed for good measure.
(11_1 also toggles with the white optics board button)

After resetting the machine quarters going in still drop into the internal hopper and do not register any credits.

I opened the coin comparitor and inspected the PCB I didn't see any burn marks or fried components.   
The only other coin comparitor test I could think of was to put a different coin through the coin slot.
The comparitor rejected pennies, nickels and dimes into the external tray so it seems functional.

I'm not sure what step to take next.   Any further help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated!!

jay:
Does the credit button work ?

If not I am thinking that there I might be something up with the harness.
This is the second set of optics that the button is not working.
I have seen tons of gross, gooey and faulty optics. I have not run across any that the test button doesn’t work unless the whole board is pooched.

The fact that your board is recognizing the optics says it’s alive.

ikelly208:
Sadly no.  Pressing the white button on the optics board will not put any credits onto the machine

The white button does work during  input test 11

I will reseat all of the connectors in the wiring harness from the coin optics back to the mother board just for good measure

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version