New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 stuck need help  (Read 1415 times)

Offline cuda

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • cuda New User barely matters.cuda New User barely matters.
IGT S2000 stuck need help
« on: March 29, 2022, 01:34:32 PM »
I am stuck on keying a machine.  I have a known working board from another machine and I turn off the machine, remove the SB chip insert my clear 224 chip put board back in game turn it on.  I get 2 yellow lights.  repeat 3 times just to make sure its clear.  turn off machine remove clear chip, put in key chip 45 replace board and turn on machine.  I am getting no lights when I do this.  I have a key 17 chip so I tried that one as well and get no lights.  I turned off the machine removed the key chip and put the SB chip back in, replace the board and turn the machine on and I get display passes self test and then Netplex is down.  Its all their in real life just not all showed up in the photo.  Someone suggested could be a bad power supply?  Anybody able to walk me through trouble shooting the problem.

My first guess is always operator error so that is still number one possiblity.

Offline cuda

Re: IGT S2000 stuck need help
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 02:24:58 PM »
Just looking at power supplies compared to what I have and I can't find one that matches.  The one I find only have 1 plug in the top of it and my clearly has 2 plugs going into in.  Not sure that is my issue but was checking that as an option.  So if anyone can advise on that would help.  The one I found was on spin inc has the perforated cage on it.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 407
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 02:33:25 PM »
Can you try the Key chip in another machine on a different MPU?
Just to rule out a possible corrupted Key chip?
It doesn't seem to make sense that your Clear chip works but not the Keychip?

We want to see if that Keychip works and makes the LEDs light up on another known good MPU.
It won't hurt anything, all you do enable yourself into the settings.
Back out of settings simply just by hitting the Max bet button.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline jakah440

• Contributing NLG Member
  • jakah440 New User barely matters.jakah440 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 04:27:54 PM »
Just looking at power supplies compared to what I have and I can't find one that matches.  The one I find only have 1 plug in the top of it and my clearly has 2 plugs going into in.  Not sure that is my issue but was checking that as an option.  So if anyone can advise on that would help.  The one I found was on spin inc has the perforated cage on it.

The picture you have above labeled power supply is the power distribution unit. The power supply is behind the reels

Offline cuda

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 05:00:47 PM »

The picture you have above labeled power supply is the power distribution unit. The power supply is behind the reels

I said typically user error. Thanks for pointing that out.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2022, 05:59:54 PM »
That's a 5 times pay 3 reel slot.
Do you have any SG363s you can try?
The 598s work better in 5 reel machines, 363s work better with 3 reel slots.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline cuda

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2022, 07:00:13 PM »
That's a 5 times pay 3 reel slot.
Do you have any SG363s you can try?
The 598s work better in 5 reel machines, 363s work better with 3 reel slots.

Tried that didn’t work. Still won’t give me any lights on the board when I put the key chip in. And now with the SG364 game chips I get all the lights on except the red on the board.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2022, 09:01:49 PM »
That is three times you've said you haven't been able to get any LED lights with that Keychip.
 I would daresay that it is corrupted as you've tried it in a known good MPU right?

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline cuda

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2022, 09:16:14 PM »
That is three times you've said you haven't been able to get any LED lights with that Keychip.
 I would daresay that it is corrupted as you've tried it in a known good MPU right?

Just on this game. I have used it on other games and get two yellows right away. On boards that I have also tried in this same machine. Which makes me think it’s something in this machine. Power supply? IO boards etc. looking for ideas to try

I have tried both a 45 key and a 17 key with the same out come on this machine. But they will work on the same boards in other machines. Why won’t they work in this machine?

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2022, 10:08:35 PM »
The only thing I can think of is that small 8-pin DIP chip on the backplane?  :Scratch-Head:
If you have a 960 backplane, it would be at location [U2] on the board.

Offline cuda

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2022, 07:24:35 AM »
The only thing I can think of is that small 8-pin DIP chip on the backplane?  :Scratch-Head:
If you have a 960 backplane, it would be at location [U2] on the board.

Should I just replace the backplane?

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2022, 07:55:58 AM »
Unless you have a 24LC16B 8-pin DIP chip on hand, I'd go shopping for another backplane.
It's always good to have spare parts anyways.
I'd be ripping the backplane outta there and inspecting it for damage....something happened.
Take a few pictures with a camera so you know where to plug everything back in later.  :yes:
it's quite a job to do but you'll see how everything gets plugged into it.
You will learn a lot.

Before you attempt to remove the backplane, could you verify that it is indeed a "960 Mother Board"?
Those words will be etched onto the backplane right at the bottom left just above the left-most corner screw.
You'll have to slide out the MPU with the power switch OFF first.

Below is a photo of a 960 Mother Board the way it sits against the back wall of your cabinet...or what everybody is calling it as the "backplane" board.
Click on photo to enlarge if needed...>>>

« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 08:41:43 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline ChrisColumbus

• Reputation Power: 24
  • ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2022, 06:42:57 AM »
Is the netplex link is down flashing or does it stay on the screen solid?

Offline cuda

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2022, 06:47:59 PM »
Is the netplex link is down flashing or does it stay on the screen solid?

Solid on the screen

Offline cuda

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2022, 06:51:47 PM »
Update:

I replaced the 8 pin on the back mother board.  That didn't change anything.  I replaced the back plane board and that didn't change anything.  I swapped power supplies with a known working power supply and I was able to get the 2 key chip lights.  I thought I had made it but nope. 

Now I didn't get anything on the display it was just black. 

I have a new power supply coming so once I swap it out I will try from there and run through the set up process again.   But at least I did find the power supply was keeping me from getting the key chip lights.  So some small success.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal