New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Fortune One 'Twenty One' Machine  (Read 5135 times)

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • mwade109 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
Fortune One 'Twenty One' Machine
« on: September 30, 2021, 10:51:30 AM »
Hello all, I figures while I am trying to figure our my Bally E2270 I would take a shot at this what I believe to be a Fortune 1 machine although all the Fortune 1 machine pics I have seen online do not have that same terminal block behind the monitor.

The monitor on this one does not work at all, I have no problem sending it out for repair but am kinda holding off as I do not know if this machine would work with just a good monitor. Is there any way to try this blind and deaf (there is no speaker that I can find) just enough that I can at least THINK the machine is capable of running?

There is no battery in the rear left of the mainboard.
Can someone give me a voltage and/or part number for the removable battery?

When I turn it on with the hopper in place, after a few seconds (I assume it's boot sequence) it starts paying out coins,  I refilled the hopper 4 times @ 100 coins each time and there seem to be no stopping it, but I assume with no battery installed, it would not have any pending payout in memory.

I am interested in hearing from people that have experience with these games... if it is indeed a Fortune One machine

Thanks
-mike

Offline Chris-socal

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
Re: Fortune One 'Twenty One' Machine
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 12:58:25 PM »
Hello,
I am no expert but I have a F1 Blackjack and I wonder if yours is a newer model or maybe a Fortune 2.
There are a few people on NLG who know the difference. Possibly an IGT Fortune? What is the date on the tag?
Also, I was told you don’t need a backup battery because they do not retain credits, mine has never had a battery in the holder.
K-Lar in Las Vegas can work on these boards, personally I think it is worth pursuing, they also fix a known issue with the video colors. The video board itself can possibly be fixed but if it needs a Flyback you might need to send that board in to see if they can troubleshoot. Do you have any knowledge of electronic components?
Good luck and please update if you make any prologues.
Chris

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 05:24:47 PM »
Thanks but all the Fortune 2 machines I saw online look a lot different. I saw another thread here that someone had the same game and they were calling it a Fortune 1.  There is no tags or number plates attached to the machine so I can't go that route.  As far as the monitor, the guy I got it from said it was completely missing a few transistors and that he put new ones on and it still didn't come on so I will be sending the chassis to someone that knows. And yes, I do have knowledge of electronic components although I cant read a schematic. I can test things with my multimeter, I can install a cap kit, been working on slots for many many years, mostly IGT.  I had 3 computer stores for 22 years so needless to say,  I am not afraid of electronics.... well, except maybe discharging a crt tube, that scares me every time.

Still hoping someone can chime in as to why it might be paying out all those coins.
Also, if it do does not need a battery to retain credits, what does the battery do? If it retains game settings, you say you don't have a battery in yours, does it auto-setup each time you turn it on?
-mike

Hello,
I am no expert but I have a F1 Blackjack and I wonder if yours is a newer model or maybe a Fortune 2.
There are a few people on NLG who know the difference. Possibly an IGT Fortune? What is the date on the tag?
Also, I was told you don’t need a backup battery because they do not retain credits, mine has never had a battery in the holder.
K-Lar in Las Vegas can work on these boards, personally I think it is worth pursuing, they also fix a known issue with the video colors. The video board itself can possibly be fixed but if it needs a Flyback you might need to send that board in to see if they can troubleshoot. Do you have any knowledge of electronic components?
Good luck and please update if you make any prologues.
Chris

Offline Chris-socal

• Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 05:33:02 AM »
The game boots just fine without a battery, all the battery does is retain current game play if there is a power failure. Since mine pays out at every hand there is no need for a battery. This isn’t like a new game that has setup programming that gets lost without backup.
I looked at my machine again and I see it is virtually identical to yours internally except yours has the board on the back of the case. Does your machine have a speaker? Perhaps that is a sound card?
I don’t know anything about the hopper circuit but it is driven by the driver board on the left of the case, some of my bulb issues were resolved by gently removing the connectors and resetting them. Something is switching it on.
There are some known issues with the game board, some caps go bad and traces break. You might want to contact K-Lar to see if they can advise and potentially test the boards. IF you ship the board be sure to remove it from the metal frame and wrap that big transformer tight, If it breaks off it is very difficult to repair. Also be very careful with the ribbon cables the pins are almost microscopic, rock gently. Once they come out the first time they are much easier to work with.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 08:11:17 AM »
There are two switches on the right wall above the computer board, one switch is for meter readings, the other is for game reset.
Try pressing them to see if the hopper runaway will stop.
The I/O board on the bottom left wall has a couple of Triacs that turn on the hopper via a signal from the main computer board.
If you remove the computer board and turn on the game and the hopper still runs then you have a bad I/O board.

That newer board on the back wall looks like an earlier attempt at a progressive link or a player tracking system.
It is not needed for home use, ignore it.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2021, 08:55:02 AM »

Thanks but I am not finding the two switches you are talking about, could it be they were removed when they put that metal plate on there? The only thing I see on the right wall is the fan and the keyswitch.

There are two switches on the right wall above the computer board, one switch is for meter readings, the other is for game reset.
Try pressing them to see if the hopper runaway will stop.
The I/O board on the bottom left wall has a couple of Triacs that turn on the hopper via a signal from the main computer board.
If you remove the computer board and turn on the game and the hopper still runs then you have a bad I/O board.

That newer board on the back wall looks like an earlier attempt at a progressive link or a player tracking system.
It is not needed for home use, ignore it.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2021, 12:02:01 PM »
The switch is behind the metal plate, the switch has a long metal arm that you can press with a finger.

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2021, 02:07:14 PM »
Gotcha, yes, I clicked the microswitch and it does not turn on the hopper anymore.  I sure wish there was a speaker in this thing so I could hear whats going on.  Without a monitor, I have to think it is in a insert coin mode, I insert a few, they go to the hopper like they should but I don't get a 'Deal' light or anything.  I assume at this point I just need to wait for the monitor chassis to come back, oh, did I mention In have no patience!

My other project, My Bally E2270 is out in the shed waiting on oil to loosen things up, things are going well there. (there's that patience thing again)
I picked up a Sigma 150 Yesterday to see what I can do with that, and no, it is not working.

The switch is behind the metal plate, the switch has a long metal arm that you can press with a finger.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2021, 10:19:55 PM »
A lot of earlier F1 games did not have button lamp drivers connected and the buttons had no lamps.

Sound is generated my a separate board mounted on the bottom of the monitor shelf.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2021, 09:41:33 PM »
Sorry to chime in late in the game.  Badbaud knows best of all about these machines.  I have one in my basement in working condition.  My monitor in my game is a small Sony TV.  Notice that the galls reads Fortune Coin.  That came BEFORE SIRCOMA and IGT.  My 21 still has the original sticker and the date reads 1979 if i remember correctly.  I don't know where you would find the Sony TV for the game but I do know where you can get brand new in the box monitors used in later IGT Fortune 1 machines.

My 21 games gets a runaway hopper from time to time.  I send it to Vegas to Bad baud and it comes back good as new.  Lasts for about 3 years and the pop goes the weasel again.

Best of luck
Ra

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2021, 06:16:52 PM »
This one has a RGB Monitor, I am on hold until the chassis comes back, hopefully working like new.

Badbaud: My machine has lights in the buttons, I know this because when the hopper was running uncontrollably, all my button lights were flashing, independently, randomly like a Christmas Tree!

Sorry to chime in late in the game.  Badbaud knows best of all about these machines.  I have one in my basement in working condition.  My monitor in my game is a small Sony TV.  Notice that the galls reads Fortune Coin.  That came BEFORE SIRCOMA and IGT.  My 21 still has the original sticker and the date reads 1979 if i remember correctly.  I don't know where you would find the Sony TV for the game but I do know where you can get brand new in the box monitors used in later IGT Fortune 1 machines.

My 21 games gets a runaway hopper from time to time.  I send it to Vegas to Bad baud and it comes back good as new.  Lasts for about 3 years and the pop goes the weasel again.

Best of luck
Ra

Offline RiseLikeRa

• RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2021, 06:29:35 PM »
With all of that drama and flashing going on I would recommend sending your boards, both of them , to Badbaud.   That is IF you find a monitor. His diagnostic system can really get the kinks out of these old games.   My advice is free and worth every penny.

Ra

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
UPDATE Re: Fortune One 'Twenty One' Machine
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2022, 06:37:21 PM »
Well, after quite some time, this machine works great. Aside from the monitor, I ended up changing the mainboard. I soon learned there were two jumper blocks that needed to be transferred to the new board and that changed it from default $1.00 machine t a .25 like it should be. After enjoying playing it for a while I noticed that the machine says it plays 1-8 coins but it only recognizes up to 5 coins.  Anyone have any idea what to change to correct this?
-mike

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2022, 06:44:28 PM »
Glad to hear that you are up and running.   Change the glass to 1 to 5 coins.  They are definitely out there.  I believe Gordy Nichol has at least one in his inventory.

Ra

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2022, 08:33:39 AM »
Thanks, I will keep changing the glass in mind but I really want to learn how to change the value instead of just changing the glass to reflect the current setting. I DID check Gordy's eBay listings and didn't see one but that doesn't mean he don't have one!
-mike

Glad to hear that you are up and running.   Change the glass to 1 to 5 coins.  They are definitely out there.  I believe Gordy Nichol has at least one in his inventory.

Ra

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 265
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2022, 09:57:38 AM »
Thanks, I will keep changing the glass in mind but I really want to learn how to change the value instead of just changing the glass to reflect the current setting. I DID check Gordy's eBay listings and didn't see one but that doesn't mean he don't have one!
-mike

Is the payout changing from a win situation at 8 coins verses 5 coins? Is it rejecting the 9th coin?
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2022, 01:56:18 PM »
One of the only people who would know how to change that is Badbaud at K-Lar. If I had to guess it is hard coded in the game code. If I recall we determined this is an IGT F1, did you look to see if there is any setup information in the File section? I wonder if the game eeprom can be swapped. Hmmm.
Chris

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2022, 02:57:04 PM »
It will accept coins all day long, even after 8 are put in. It will stop registering them after it gets 5 but they still go into the hopper.  No matter how many above 5 you put in, it only pays based on 5 coins put in.

-mike

Is the payout changing from a win situation at 8 coins verses 5 coins? Is it rejecting the 9th coin?

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2022, 03:25:14 PM »
Let me give you all the info, I never saw it play before I sent the mainboard to klar, I got the board back but it got damaged in shipping so I swapped the chips to another Fortune 1 board that klar just redone for me. That board used to be in a IGT 611 Fortune 1, 4 Reel Video Slot. Same board. So, this is where it's at after the chip swap. The amount of coin in would not be hard coded into the main board so I assume there is a changeable dip/jumper board I did not see to swap out or this machine did not have the original game eprom in it to start with. I'm going to shoot Alan at klar a email and see what he thinks, I figured I would post it here instead of bothering him as I'm sure he gets so many questions he don't need yet another.

One of the only people who would know how to change that is Badbaud at K-Lar. If I had to guess it is hard coded in the game code. If I recall we determined this is an IGT F1, did you look to see if there is any setup information in the File section? I wonder if the game eeprom can be swapped. Hmmm.
Chris

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 265
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2022, 04:22:42 PM »
This is a coin lockout issue. The machine should reject coins after the maximum amount, which is likely set at 5 already. So that's not the issue. It's not "counting" coins as they go in. After the 5th coin, the solenoid should divert the next coin from going in to the hopper and sent it out to the cash tray. Remove the coin mech and inspect the back. Post a photo of what you see behind the mechanism.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal