New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Older IGT Draw Poker Machine Showing "Call Attendant" with No Error Codes  (Read 8021 times)

Offline Lenlapo

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Lenlapo New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Hey all!  I am new to the site and just picked up an older IGT Draw Poker machine today.  It powers up just fine and when the screen brightens up it shows "Call Attendant" and has no error codes listed.   I double checked all the door sensors and check the voltage across the CMOS and it was 3.6V.  This machine does not seem to have a jackpot reset location on the sides and I am not sure how to reset the unit from inside. 

This is my first time owning a slot machine and I picked up a few different ones today that I will be setting up over the next couple of weeks. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have attached below a couple of photos showing the type of machine.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Open the door on the left and send a picture so we can see the computer board.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Lenlapo

• NLG
Thanks, here are photos of the boards.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 08:12:07 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
To reset from the inside press and hold the cursor advance button for 2 seconds.

Offline Lenlapo

• NLG
Thank you. I tried to reset the machine with the cursor advance, as you suggested, but it does not seem to respond to the button or the self test button. I restarted it with the power switch and it rebooted to Call Attendant with a door open warning. No matter what I do with the doors, that stays on now.

Is there a way to bypass the optics temporarily to see if the machine works past this error?

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
After you changed the battery did you:

1. Turn on the small switch on the RAM board for 1 minute then turn it back?
2. Make sure the battery voltage is reaching the RAM chip?

Offline Lenlapo

• NLG
No, I was not aware of the procedure. I will look now.  Is the RAM board the small, elevated board that houses the battery? 

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
Yes.

Offline Lenlapo

• NLG
Ok, I found the switch and set it to the reset position for a minute and then put it back to the far left. After closing the machine and powering it on. I get a Call Attendant door open ndi error.

I did not check the voltage to the ram, which pins do I check on the ram chip?

Offline Lenlapo

• NLG
Thanks again for the help.  I went and re-did the reset on the RAM board and double checked the voltages and it worked this time!!  The machine is now reading Game Over and Insert Coin.  Now, 2 things are happening, the images on the cards are a bit wonky and when inserting the coins, it drops directly into the hopper, not the incoming change bin and does not register that a coin has been dropped.  Any ideas on this one?  Thanks so much for the help so far. 

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
For the graphics problem I usually pull out every socketed EPROM one at a time and clean the legs with a ink eraser, also check the socket and make sure there is no corrosion.
If there is corrosion on the socket pins spray them with DeOxit and let it soak for a day before blowing the socket dry and re-installing the chip.

The coin in problem is another problem completely if cleaning all of the socketed pins doesn't work. Your I/O / sound board tray may have a defective component on the I/O board.
But it could also be something wrong with the coin in assembly on the door.

Offline Lenlapo

• NLG
Thanks again. After getting in there, I saw the wire harness to the comparator had a broken wire.  As well, the other 3 wires from the harness had tape on the ends, capping them off.  There are 2 bare wires hanging from the harness and I am not sure what they are and how to connect them.  I tested them for voltage and it looks like one has a very, light DC voltage. 

Below is a photo of the wire harness.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
How long are the two bare wires, could they reach the coin diverter coil?

Offline Lenlapo

• NLG
Well, actually, it looks like they are wires from the coil itself. The coil is connected with 2 wires and they are bare on the ends. So, the comparator has a wore harness which is not connected to anything and the coil wires are also disconnected. Everything else seems tightly fit into harnesses and there does not seem to be any connection points for these wires.

Offline Lenlapo

• NLG
Sorry, actually I was wrong.  I took out the wire ties and tracked the wires better.  The harness breaks out to the coil with 2 wires, 2 exposed and extended wires that are bare and then a 5 pin harness that goes to the unit between the comparator and the coil.  I tried to show the wiring in the photos below.  I have removed the harness from the comparator for now as it is not connected and the wires are very brittle. 

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
Is the metal gate on the back of the comparator wedged open with some paper?
It looks like the comparator is not powered up and is only used as a "mechanical" coin acceptor to route the correct size coin through the coin optics.
With the door open can you press the pseudo coin button on the coin optic board and play a free game with the door open?

Offline Lenlapo

• NLG
Hey there,
Yes, it looks like the comparator is being held open with a dowel and is just passive now. Trying the button on the optics sensor does not add coins to the machine.  However, I did go back and follow your prior instructions and pulled the boards out and cleaned the contacts with an eraser and some contant re-nu. As well, one of the smaller fuses had been blown in the power supply section and I replaced that.  After putting the boards back in and booting up, the machine looks much different. 

Now, there is Call Attendant, the pay table is visible now, restart is listed on the bottom left, door open is present and Coin in-time out is present.  We are not able to access the self-test menu and it confirms that all 3 coin accept switches are working, the door sensor is working and the jackpot reset key is working. 

I have attached a photo of the current screen.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
Do another RAM reset and press the cursor advance again.

Then close the door and see if it will take a coin, make sure a coin is in the comparator.

Offline Lenlapo

• NLG
I was so hopeful this time around!!  I did a reset again and when powering it on, it was missing the paytable and showed a call attendant error once again.  So, I pulled the board, did another reset and then put it back in and it booted and looked great, with the exception of a door open error.  However, even with a coin in, the buttons would not respond.  Then, adding a coin, the cards flipped over and it went to Call Attendant along with the previous errors, including door open.  See attached.

Offline Lenlapo

• NLG
Ok, I did yet another RAM reset and when it powered on, the unit was showing a rather normal screen with a door open error only.  I was able to use the button on the optic sensor to add credits and it did flip the cards over and allow for a hand to be played.  However, there was no sound and after the hand, it showed "Call Attendant" and Hopper Empty.  However, I have about $20 of quarters in the hopper.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal