**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT S3000 Reel Games

S3000 Pinball Reel light issue

(1/1)

Spindoctor:
I have an S3000 Pinball machine and intermittently the lights inside the reels don't come on when you hit a winning combo or a cherry for example. I don't know what these lights are called but they must be inside the reels. I wonder if the door mechanism would have any bearing on this because it seems like opening and closing the door will fix it sometimes. I've checked all or the connections that I can and haven't found anything loose. Any help would be appreciated.

dailey:
I'm new to this machine and still learning, but I'll try to help. I assume you are referring to the reel strip backlight. When they are not working, is it one particular reel or all reels? Opening and closing the door causes a reset which can clear errors. The fact you sometimes get the function back tells me its probably controller related, but I would not rule out a loose connection. It's the cabinet controller board that controls the reel lights. The board at the top back wall.

You can conduct a test of the reels and reel lights using the dip switches on the cabinet controller board. See the attached document for instructions (Normal dip switch positions are all off). You might also explore the machines diagnostic menu for any recorded errors or anything in the menu that might help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version