**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > Other Video Games

American Coin Enterprise Keno Machine

(1/2) > >>

vette6048:
I have a Keno machine made by American Coin Enterprise. Machine worked fine for the longest time. My problem now with the machine is when I turn it on the breaker that reads Computer trips and I get no picture. I shut the machine off reset the breaker and when I turn it on it trips the breaker again. The breaker reads 8.5V and 5A. What should I check to see what is causing the breaker to trip when I turn it on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Crash0:
From what I know of breakers, they usually only pop from a short or a surge. Might want to look for any wires that might have become exposed, or possible board(s) grounding out. May even disconnect power from the game and measure the output. That's just off the top of my head, since I don't know anything about that particular machine, but have some experience in electronics.
Hope this helps a little, if not I'm sure someone here will be able to shed more light on the problem.

dhellis:
I have seen defective circuit breakers but that is pretty. At this point all you can really do is to start eliminating
possible causes. I would start by disconnecting power to the monitor. If the breaker still pops then disconnect
something else. If the breaker holds with the monitor disconnected then you know that the problem is located
somewhere on that board. Could be shorted diodes, shorted horizontal output transistor or even a regulator. Crash0
also mentioned exposed wires or boards that have grounded out and part of your disconnecting items would show
that it is a board or located on one board in particular.

SolidSilver:
Pictures would help. I'm currently trying to figure out a Keno machine, brand unknown, with video problems.
If yours looks like mine, perhaps I can help. Here's a pic of the thing I'm stuck on.
 :Please_Post_Pictures_2:

vette6048:
I will disconnect the monitor and power the machine on and see what happens. I appreciate all the help and maybe I can get lucky and get it back to working order!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version