NLG Users Repair Logs and Other Ramblings. Request your very own topic. Just ask any site staff. > Channelmaniac's Arcadecomponents' Old School Repair Logs
Q&A Thread
<< < (2/6) > >>
channelmaniac:
Not sure on parts for those... I don't do much with POG or other 8-liners. Sorry.
Willliam Gandy:
Not sure if this is where I need to be.......NLG has helped me lots over the past year with some IGT reel slots.........I recently did a cga/vga conversion on a non working Golden Tee '98 and it went great !!..........I am now tackling a Konami Racing Force stand up arcade machine...........Came to me with a broken CRT neck, so I have removed those components and am switching to vga LCD monitor with GBS 8200 pcb convert........conversion is done but I have several problems upon powering up the unit.......has sound, wants me to insert coins, select course, etc...HOWEVER, the screen was stuck on rom/ram check list and was blurry.......I did the hold the pcb test button while turning on and got past rom list and it still wants me to insert, select , etc but the graphics are terrible, almost non existent and I see no visual moving taking place but sounds are coming thru like I am racing.................the motherboard & sub board both look clean and in great shape.......have gone thru the GBS 8200 programming stuff like on my other conversions with no impact on graphics...................because it was non working and because I have upgraded to vga with pcb and LCD I can't be certain if errors lie with original equipment or conversion equipment...............somewhat newbie scratching head
channelmaniac:
Sorry, but I haven't worked with the LCD and upscalers. Can you post a picture of the RAM/ROM screen and the game screen?
Willliam Gandy:
Thanx maniac........got it fixed.......horizontal adjustment on upscaler was way out causing frozen..............got radical with trial and error adjusting and accidently got it going......final adjustment done and unit plays great!!......think its a better game than the Sega outrun arcade I had
channelmaniac:
Nice! Congrats :)
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442