NLG's Wall of Remembrance > NLG's Wall of Remembrance
David Montanari or "Monti" of Monti's Slots has passed.
(1/2) > >>
shortrackskater:
This is another tough one for me to announce but Dave Montanari of Monti's Slots has passed away. I was informed today by a friend of his, though David's son, also David.
Since I got into the antique slot world, he was my main "go to" for information on all things Mills, Jennings, etc. I had many great e mail conversations with him over the last few years and will miss him greatly, not only as a master of antique slot repair but just as unique and rare gem of a man.
He was a very interesting person, living in Quincy California, a town up north that I'd never ever heard of.
He not only repaired, restored and sold slots, he also was an actor, doing old west re-enactments with his wife. Sadly she passed about a year ago and he was having a very difficult time with that, as anyone would with their beloved wife.
Here's a link to his NLG profile. It's interesting to read his "about me" and "interests."

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=983
Chris-socal:
Very sad to hear this. His bio makes me think of a fantastic life filled with fun and adventure. My condolences to his family.
shortrackskater:
Photos of Dave and his wife. Both were involved in historical re-enactments, which sound like a lot of fun to do.
63mini:
 That's really TERRIBLE to hear!! I only had a couple of correspondence with him on another website.  He sounded like a GREAT person.  One that I would have loved to sit down with and have a chat.

My condolences to his family and friends.
Badbaud:
Damn! I was just chatting with him a couple of weeks ago about all things slots.
He was missing his wife quite a bit and told me some interesting stories about their acting side business.
May they rest in peace.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version