New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: What is this? Bally Alpha Elite V32 w/transmissive reels  (Read 1304 times)

Offline moementum

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • moementum New User has no influence.
  • NLG
What is this? Bally Alpha Elite V32 w/transmissive reels
« on: July 24, 2022, 11:25:57 AM »
I have a Bally Alpha Elite V32 CASH SPIN with transmissive reels. Still working on getting it up and spinning, but in the mean time, does anyone know what this knob does and where it plugs in? My guess is that it either changes color or intensity of the the side lights. Just a guess. The harness leads up to what would be the top box and isn't plugged into anything. Before I take the LED light board out to see what's behind it, I thought I'd ask here.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 07:14:15 AM by moementum »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Bally Alpha Elite V32 w/transmissive reela
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 10:15:20 PM »
I have one of those things attached to a topper from an S9000, to this date I still don't know what it does.  Moving it never seems to do anything to the lights.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline moementum

• NLG
Re: What is this? Bally Alpha Elite V32 w/transmissive reels
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 07:17:03 AM »
Rickhunter, flicking the switch doesn't do anything either? Hopefully someone will chime in and illuminate us...

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 10:53:18 PM »
Nope does nothing, the light pattern on the topper is the same no matter what I do to the rotary pot.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 06:07:25 AM »
I've seen machines where the LED lights on either side of the screen are different colors. Is there a way to change them? Might the knob have something to do with it? Where are all the Bally people?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 404
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2022, 06:15:53 AM »
That's the secret knob that changes the percentages!!  :24: :rotfl: :Crazy:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2022, 01:20:22 PM »
The colors are controlled by a set of molex jumpers. I believe they are 8 pin molex dual row connector that have 6 wires in them. Depending on the position of the wires, is the color that the leds display.  There should be one jumper for each side.

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2022, 11:33:13 AM »
Thanks Rick. Where are the jumper located? Either way still trying to figure out what this switch and knob do.....

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2022, 05:14:15 PM »
Anyone? Anyone?

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2022, 09:21:18 AM »
For future reference, with thanks to Rickhunter and stayouttadabunker for responding, the switch and knob  control the display mode (switch) and brightness (knob) of the LED ring on the topper. The topper was broken off when I received the machine so I had no way of knowing. Hard to believe that no one else on here has a similar set up or bothered to respond ..🤔
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 05:57:49 PM by moementum »

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 404
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2022, 09:35:27 AM »
I don't have one of those toppers but I couldn't keep my mouth shut....haha
I'm glad you were able to figure out what the knobs were for.  :yes: :applause:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2022, 02:23:42 PM »
Wonder why on my topper it does nothing, probably disconnected inside the topper.

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2022, 10:37:40 AM »
Theres 3 plugs on the LED ring. Theres a green ground, a 4 position plug (power) right next to the ground, and a 2 position plug a bit farther over, with a black and a grey wire (I think) that comes from the switch and knob assem.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal