Other Hobbies and Interests that our NLG members enjoy > Other Hobbies and Interests
Winchester 1897
<< < (2/4) > >>
David Walz:
All of those parts are cleaned and repaired. More pictures to follow as I continue.
David Walz:
Were getting somewhere....
Tacman:
Just noticed this post. Nice find and a very desirable model. Take your time and do it right. Hopefully you will be able to find all missing parts without having to dip in the Chinese parts. Good luck!

Dan (Tacman)
David Walz:

--- Quote from: Tacman on August 12, 2023, 05:09:48 PM ---Just noticed this post. Nice find and a very desirable model. Take your time and do it right. Hopefully you will be able to find all missing parts without having to dip in the Chinese parts. Good luck!

Dan (Tacman)

--- End quote ---

I am a gunsmith, and I know firearms, when I saw the receiver I about had a run away. At first I thought it was just a receiver in a box until I saw the carrier, breechbolt, then the action slide. Then I started digging through the whole box that has a bunch of pieces and parts to several different firearms. I disassembled everything, cleaned, inspected, serviced every part, then assembled without looking at a diagram for assistance. It is a 1914, 12 gauge model, very very desirable. It's an Alaska shotgun, probably used for hunting through the century. Wear and tear on this shotgun is expected since it is a work gun. The stock is a 14" so it has been cut down, but it's original, belonging with the firearm.

Original parts are plentiful if you know where to look. The barrel, takedown extension are the only main parts that are missing. I went through the whole box and found mostly everything. Screws were scattered throughout the box in plastic bags with oil. I have a major supply of old screws, and was able to locate a couple that were missing. I have the original takedown extension that is "period correct", coming in the mail.

The really good factor here is the person who took it apart used the correct screwdrivers, and they put the parts in oil preserving them.
63mini:
 It appears to have really nice bones.  It will look Great when re-assembled.  Nice job bringing this classic back to life.  :cool_thumb_up:
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version