New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Anyone know anything about this machine?  (Read 3011 times)

Offline TopDogElec

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • TopDogElec New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Anyone know anything about this machine?
« on: August 21, 2018, 09:25:13 PM »
I cannot find any infortmation on it at all, looking to see who made it and some specs if possible. All I know is the name of it, "Pirate Riches". I have not purchased it yet, going to head over to Minnesota from central Wisconsin next week sometime and buy it, but would possibly like to know more about it before buying it. Thanks in advance for any help

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Anyone know anything about this machine?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 09:33:16 PM »
I brightened the photo, it is kinda dark and hard to see details. Maybe someone will recognize it. Interesting how the player pushbuttons are in a curved row configuration. Is that light-colored rectangled area just to the right of reel#3 a display screen?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline TopDogElec

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 09:57:23 PM »
Im not sure what it is, I havent physically seen the machine yet, driving a couple of hours one way next week to pick it up. I believe it is Konami who makes it, if you look on the lower left hand corner of the top glass you can see the Konami logo. But I cannot find anything on it anywhere with that info. Maybe once I pick it up, the plate will have a model number or something on it that I can use to track down more info. Thanks for brightening the picture by the way, I appreciate it.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 12:04:14 AM »
Looks like a Konami Advantage machine to me

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 12:06:10 AM »
Be careful with those konami machines. Some needed a programming chip that resembeled a coin battery for programming purposes, like when the cmos battery dies, and that little bastard can be hard to find and expensive

Offline TopDogElec

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 12:25:41 AM »
After looking up the advantage, I do believe that is correct, it looks like an advantage 3. Not sure of the conditoon, seller says it lights up but will not play. Figured I'd take a shot for $150 and the drive over there and back. Thanks for the assistance everyone, I appreciate it. Anyone happen to have a manual for advantage 3 per chance?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 07:43:11 AM »
I didn't see a manual for the Advantage 3 in the NLG download area.

Here are photos of two Konami machines and it looks like they have the same type of display screen or panel on right side of the reels. In photos 2 & 3 the machine is called a Konami K2G. These are multi-denom machines, that display panel may be for showing denomination information. They are 5 line machines, with bet choices of 1 to 5 credits per line.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 08:44:52 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline TopDogElec

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 10:11:42 AM »
Thanks for the info, I'm having the seller send me some more photos, like the nameplate and the inside, to help identify it better before purchasing it

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 11:57:10 AM »
The side screen is an LCD bonus multiplier screen. Similar to how IGT did the 4th reel super spin game and common on Konami games. Parts for that machine shouldn't be overly difficult to find and they are very well-built machines made in Japan

Offline mvco

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2018, 02:29:59 PM »
They sure look like K2V's to me.  There is a manual out there for those, as well as a great Youtube technical video posted by member mustangjeep

Offline mvco

• Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 02:32:31 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64HGynPgnhw 

Here is a link to the K2V video, may be of help.

Offline TopDogElec

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2018, 11:35:23 AM »
Well the seller sent some more pictures, it is definitely an Advantage. The plate says KGI 2.0 (Konami Gaming Inc Im guessing)? Looks like the reset would be a CF card if im not mistaken? The seller says that it lights up but does not function, so Im guessing a reset is in order? Maybe a fuse and connection check? WOuld like to add this machine to my collection as a working unit if possible, I do not have any Konamis at all and it would be a nice addition

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2018, 02:52:02 PM »
If it's like a lot of machines the fluorescent lighting operates from the 120 volts ac coming in from the wall outlet. So that isn't much of an indicator about working condition of the machine. It can still have a major part that has gone bad. A dead machine can be caused by any number of reasons, from a fuse or bad battery to a defective mpu board or power supply. You won't know until you start troubleshooting and trying replacement parts. It looks like someone removed a battery from the mpu board. If you can get the machine for a low enough price and are up to the challenge it could be a worthwhile project. Like they say, there aren't many problems that can't be fixed as long as you have parts and money available.

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2018, 07:26:18 AM »
It is for sure a Konami and it does require an EL Key to program. They are hard to find and can be pricey. See pic. Must be Red & must be Level 0
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline TopDogElec

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2018, 06:00:41 AM »
Thank you everyone for the help and info, I have decided to pass on buying this slot. Couple of reasons, 1 I'm not sure what's wrong with it and don't want to end up putting a ton of money into it, 2 it's a 2 hours drive one way to pick it up, and 3 it's a 2005 machine(13 years old) and I live in Wisconsin where slots are required to be 25 years or older for a person to own it so would be illegal for me to have it. It's a nice machine and looks like it would be a fun project, but too many caveats for me and too much risk. But again, thanks for the help everyone, I really do appreciate it

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal