**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Bally Electromechanical
Bally 831 JPO Payout problem
(1/3) > >>
Amechanic:
I've been working on this machine for the past few days and I need to ask for some advice from the other EM Techs... This is a Bally 831 JPO, it only has 3 symbols on the reels, oranges, watermelons, and 7's.. Most of the time it pays correct, 10 coins on the oranges.. Every once in a while I get the extra 1 coin that slips past the coin deflector. Where I'm stumped is why does it want to pay me 14 coins on a ten coin jackpot sometimes? It doesn't have a 14 coin circuit on the hoppers wiper board? It's just started doing this one day.. I've had the coin deflector all apart, cleaned the solenoid, its was sticky and I've put a new return spring on, the old one was soft. Doing this seemed to help, but then on a ten coin jackpot I got 14 coins again :Scratch-Head:. I'm don't know if it's possible, but it acts like my jackpot relays sticking on or contact are sticking together?? Hoping to hear from op-bell or OldReno on this one, but if you have an idea I'll listen to any new ideas at this time...  :banghead:

Thanks Gary
ricker:
Hey,
If there are no 14 coin payouts then it appears the hopper is not counting the coins dispensed, be it the lever that raises when a dispensed coin kicks out or the switch it operates to count(make circut of 10 coins).  How does it do on the larger jackpots? It also could be the fingers on the hopper as there is a circut for a 14 coin payout, just not used on your model, but if energized, maybe if one of the fingers(10 pay is bent causing next payout to be energized. That will keep ya busy until a pro checks in.

Richard
Amechanic:
Richard,
            I have checked and changed the spiral cam and wiper fingers with new. I have raised and lowered the adjustment for counting the coins and had it adjusted to the books specs.. When I pull the hopper it has counted 14 coins by looking at my wiper board.. To me it's acting like a sluggish jackpot relay, slow to release or open? It doesn't matter if its line one, two, or three. I guess it's time to pull the feature unit again and go thru it one more time.
buybestslots:
when it pays the 14 coins where do wipers end up on 10 are past 10?
Amechanic:
They are past the end of the 10 trace and at the end of the next one trace, but that one does not have a wire soldered on it. This machine doesn't do the over pay on every jackpot or on the same line?
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version