New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Tapper game  (Read 2328 times)

Offline Jwflood

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Jwflood New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Tapper game
« on: December 23, 2021, 01:43:50 PM »
Hi, soon you will know I’m new this but I need some help so……

I have an older “Tapper “ game where I’m having and issue where the game boots up but will not register credits in the game mode. I found this blog from 2008 with no replies
: i have
have fixed alot of games but this one has really thrown me for a loop. Perhaps I
can find some help here. The frustrating thing is I had a working game until I
decided to throw in a new vision pro monitor. I replaced the monitor and wired it
before the power brick since it does not require an isolation transformer. I
powered up the game to a nearly perfect picture. I went to coin up the game and
had no luck. I flip the test switch and all inputs (both coin mechs, all control panel
functions) show working when I activated each control. The only two things that
will not work when in game mode are both coin mechs and the service switch.
Weird that each test working in test mode but not in game mode.
When I got the machine it was already partially wired to both the original linear
power supply as well as a switcher. Since this problem I have since moved
everything to the switcher except for the reset circuit which is still connected to
the linear power supply. The reset circuit appears to be functioning correctly. I do
not have any of the speaker hum that most compain of when running a switcher
in a mcr game. The sound works 100% though I do get the "sound board timed
out" message at boot up. I also replaced all the ribbon cables with ones sold by
Bob Roberts. I have tried all sorts of different grounds and made efforts to isolate
the anolog ground as well as reseating all removable roms.
I will update this thread as this repair moves forward. Any suggestions ? Thanks and sorry in advance if I’ve screwed this up

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal