**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > Bally EVO and EVO hybrid.

Bally EVO hybrid - Problems caused by Saferam Clear

<< < (2/2)

a69mopar:
Check the pins in the connectors at the back of the mpu. They can get bent, which can cause all sorts of errors.
Were you able to complete the saferam clear process?

Thanks,
Wayne

BobRob90210:
None that I can see. The first time I pulled it out it was a bit of a struggle. Now it slides in and out with no effort. Maybe I'm not pushing it in hard enough? I haven't been able to do the ram clear. It boots up like normal now, but ends in a screen that says "Multimedia Comm Link Is Down". I ordered another RAM clear chip under the assumption that I must have killed the last one. If that doesn't work I don't know. The only thing I've noticed is that the machine reacts the same weather or not the board is plugged in. Though all the lights on the board are on when it's plugged in, so it must be connected.

Thanks

BobRob90210:
a69mopar was on the right track. The pins weren't bent, just not in far enough. I pushed the board in, pushed it in some more, and then pushed it in so hard I was sure I was breaking it. Then it let me do the RAM clear, and I'm happy to say it's working again. Apparently you really have to push the board back in with some authority. A big thanks to a69mopar, and literally no one else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version