NLG Users Repair Logs and Other Ramblings. Request your very own topic. Just ask any site staff. > Channelmaniac's Arcadecomponents' Old School Repair Logs

Q&A Thread

<< < (6/6)

channelmaniac:
I work on video arcade games, older game consoles for home, and older home computers. You'll need to ask about this one over on another section of the forum since it's a gambling machine.

krewkid12:
I have a UMK3 pcb and it has no audio/no video. Only one led is lit on the board when plugged up. My monitor is a know working monitor because I can plug my MK1 pcb back up and it works fine. My power supply settings are 5v exactly on the +5, 11.97v on the 12v, and for some reason my -5 is -3.87. Any help would be appreciated!

channelmaniac:
Change the battery. On those PCBs, if the battery is dead it won't boot. Sometimes touching the battery with your finger or a multimeter probe will spring the board back to life when the battery is dead.

As for the -5, UMK3 doesn't use it and neither does MK1. If you have a game that does, replace the power supply.

krewkid12:
I changed the cmos battery and now I have 2 led's lit on the board but still no audio, no video, and no "gong".

channelmaniac:
At this point it will need servicing. Most likely a dead custom IC, unfortunately if that's the case I don't have any spare parts at the moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version