**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Universal Reel/Video Games

Universal Slot Machine Questions

<< < (2/6) > >>

Pitts256:
The CPU is standing vertically on the left side next to the coin hopper. With the power off remove the coin tray and the coin hopper to gain access to the CPU reset button which is located on the bottom, about center. There should be an access hole in the cover. Hold down the reset button and power up as per the previous instruction.

Mpruitt:
Pitts256 - Well I am making progress with your help.  I followed the steps in your last message and was able to clear the error code 13 (interruption of service).  I still have an error code 50 (door open) flashing.  I am thinking there may be something with the door optics that needs to be adjusted.  Please let me know if you have any thoughts or guidance that I should try.  Thank you for your help up to this point. 

Pitts256:
Nice Work!

Please note the following is how I operated my Ultra, your machine is an older model but has similar features.

So typically you would close the door, lock it with the key, it will accept a coin and the alarm will clear on the first play.

Some notes about the door:
-The door needs to make a cherry switch to place the machine in play. The cherry switch is in the upper right hand corner, right next to the yellow reset button. The cherry switch can be pulled out to a locking position to permit play with the door is open but the door lock key switch must also be made as well.
-I've placed a piece of black tape over the key switch eye so I don't have to mess with it, I believe your machine has a micro switch, don't recall what it looks like, it will need to be in the closed position for the machine to play though.

First try closing the door, latch and lock to see what happens.

RobinAK:
Codes 13 & 50 both normal after power up. Both clear after 1st game is played. Machine needs to see door closed to play game. Coins will be rejected if machine thinks door is open. My Uni machine is a 1.00 and the coin comp on my is not the right one. Its there just to act as a chute to get the coin into the machine. The machine does'nt care if its not the right one and not hooked up. I used a wedge to keep the rake on the coin comp forced open to allow coins to pass into the machine. There is a battery on the board. I'm unsure if the machine needs to have good battery to work or not. I replaced mine 1st thing. I used a small battery pack for cordless phone (same voltage as old battery) and relocated the battery off the board.   

UNIMAN:
As Robin said errors 13 and 50 stay on until first game is played, so don't worry about those errors.

HERE IS YOUR REAL PROBLEM; Either your coin comparitor is not powered up or the sample coin in it is wrong or missing. I see in pic you have a sample coin. Assume it matches what you are feeding it with.

So here is how machine works. On powerup with door open you get error 50 and 13. You close the door and white push button switch on top right corner pushes in telling MPU the door is closed. Then you have to lock the door. When locking door a tab blinds an optic in the door telling MPU the door is locked. When the MPU sees both the door is closed and locked only then it allows power to the coin comparitor. AND, at that time the INCERT COIN light flashes. If the bulb isn't burnt out. That INCERT COIN light is your only indication the coin comparitor was powered on. Make sure you put a good bulb there.

Here is what I do to troubleshoot. Open door, power up, pull OUT the white "cherry" switch(es) at top right. Pulling out switches is same as pushing in. And they stay locked in pull out postion.
Now take a piece of electrical tape and blind that gray U-shaped optic near door lock mech. At this point the comparitor light should come on. Drop a coin in it and note where it comes out bottom of comparitor, rejection chute or accepted chute.

If your door has no lock then tape that door optic all the time.

(Some machines have two white cherry switches, one is a spare not used.)

The error 50 is stupid. Later on Ultra Series they added a 51. The 51 is door was open but now closed and locked telling the user it was ready to go. So your only indication is the Incert Coin light flashing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version