**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT S and S-plus Reel Games
Issue with S Plus
(1/1)
Bdavis78:
I bought a double diamond S plus and am trying to get it working. Have read through post and tried different things with no luck. 
It powers up, goes through its cycle reels turn. 0 in the coins played.  Nothing in the rest.  No codes.  I bought the clear ram chips and BV chips and did that process. When I drop a quarter it goes to hopper but does not register a credit. The BV does not work at all does not even cycle when powered on. I can manual credit from inside and it works and can spin reels.  I do think a few bulbs are out on the BV.  I have done tests from hopper to all sounds and reels everything checks out.   I have a good quarter in place. 

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks

Brian
Stayouttadabunker:
The coin comparitor only compares coins.
The coin-in optics board underneath it is what registers credits to the machine.
The little button you're pushing on the coin-in optics board is called the "Service Credit" button.
That's basically just for testing hopper and reel operation.

The quarters you're dropping thru the coin-in optics aren't registering or "seeing" the coins break the optical infrared beams of the "ABC" optics for some reason.
You might need to bust off a small chip on that board to help your machine get credits registered.
Look at it closely....it may be located on the small circuit board as [Q2].
Take a pair of tweezers and bust it off the the surface of the circuit board.
Then close the door and try dropping quarters down again and let us know what happens.
Bdavis78:
Thank you sir that worked.  I am able to credit machine with coins. 

Bdavis78:
What about activating the cash/credit button?   I tested hopper and it works.  But the button doesn’t work when I have credits
Stayouttadabunker:
Pressing the cash/credit button once, should make the machine rack up credits onto the display panel, and light up that button lamp - if the bulb is good.
Is the lamp any good? Check it with a multimeter for continuity.

Pressing the cash/credit button, with credits shown on the display panel, should immediately cash out coins from the hopper.
If it doesn't want to cash out coins from the hopper, check the microswitch on the cash/credit button underneath the button deck, for proper operation.
Navigation
Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version