**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > Bally EVO and EVO hybrid.

GAME DISABLED - COIN REVERSE...cash box? coin comparitor? karma?

(1/16) > >>

shortrackskater:
GAME DISABLED - COIN REVERSE
I was getting that message on my EVO. I'm hoping it's common to the Game Maker or other Ballys as well.
Here's all the details... hope this makes sense:

First the bill box wasn't seating properly. I cleaned it, shove it on and the error went way, only to return.
I checked my CC. The entire housing was loose. I tightened it. Below the CC is the optics board. I removed the metal cover and saw the circuit board was about to fall away from the mounting.
I tightened that.
I also turned the sensitivity screw all the way to the left. As I said, only about one of five nickles will go through. I turned it all the way right and none were accepted.
ALSO... when I first removed the cover from the optic board, I noticed the chip inside had the top far right leg squished out of the socket and was pressed against the metal pin of a plug that's just above it to the right. I pulled out the chip, fixed the leg and plugged it back in.
Since I've done this, that error "sort of" went away. It came on last might again, but the message said "open and close door to clear tilt error."
Could the IC leg have caused any problem? It almost looked like it was intentionally left out and made to contact that pin!  :Scratch-Head:
Also... the green light on the CC is now off. It was on before. Confusing as heck.  :hissyfit:

CVslots:
Did you convert this game from one denom to another?

shortrackskater:
Nope. It started its life taking nickels and still is a nickel slot. I'm heading to the garage... well maybe a kitchen wine stop first... then to the garage. I'll turn it on and see what it's decided to do.

shortrackskater:
No longer (for now) getting the COIN REVERSE error. The green light on the CC is on when the door is closed...it fades away when door is opened. It's not taking any coins now at all. The optics board has an amber light glowing.
Still getting COIN REVERSE. Now it will happen during a payout... locks up. I have to open and close the main door and it resumes payout.
The coin comparitor sends the coin to the try all the time now.

CVslots:
Ok, first, have you checked what size coin guide it has in it? Just because you think it was always a nickel machine doesnt mean some other guide wasnt swapped in at some time. Just humor me, and double check it and make sure it's not a 25c or dollar guide.

Second, you said you were twisting the sensitivity dial all the way one way then all the way the other. Proper technique I was always told by knagl and stayouttadabunker was to start all the way one direction, then turn 1/4 turn at at time, and check for improvement at each turn.

What's up with the amber light, I have no clue. Not sure if its normally on or not, or what the problem may be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version