New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Sigma sg 32b  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Nacho805

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Nacho805 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Sigma sg 32b
« on: June 12, 2020, 02:04:18 PM »
Hey guys first time poster here. Hudge shout out to the amazing group of people here I have been reading this forum and you guys rock. I hope you guys can help me out here.

I recently bought a sigma 32b the game lights up and sometimes the led display for the coin in turns on but quickly turns off.i suspect it's the dreaded power supply.

I am having trouble finding a replacement I have tried ebay and Google and I can't find anything in stock  :fryingpan:  if anyone has a replacement they can sell me you can shoot me a text at 805-607-7449

It's the power supply that is behind the coin hopper thanks again guys

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Sigma sg 32b
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 01:37:14 PM »
there were two replacements types people have used. one was a plug and play, the other you had to re wire the connection. I believe it was a RT125D made by Mean Well,  this is the one that has to be re wired,  I have no other information on the plug and play, a post by wolftrac implied he had found one.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • MacGUYver New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 09:41:32 PM »
The sigma machines usually run 5v, 12v, 24v.  I found a generic PS that had good wattage that worked for me on a sigma Yahtzee. 

Artesyn NFS110-7602P

Double check what voltages you actually need, and might have to rewire the plug. Worked for me though, not sure if that'll work for your sg32

Offline OldGuy

• Reputation Power: 2
  • OldGuy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 05:58:29 PM »
Apparently, I'm in need of a power supply as well.  MacGUYver was your generic replacement a plug and play or did it require rewiring?  if rewire wasn't needed, do you recall the brand and model number of the replacement.

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 09:11:28 PM »
I just looked up my  eBay order, it was this one:

Artesyn 110W Switching Power Supply NFS110-7602P

If you Google that with the word PDF, it'll give you the specs and different models with what pins are for what voltage.  I remeber having to do a minor rewire I think, this was over a year ago. Model "p" had 5v, 12v, and 24v at what I believe at the time was good enough amps based off of rough guesses from the wattage required in the sigma manual.

It worked for me, but different sigma sg models will draw different power.  110w might not be enough for you?  I found mine for $25 plus shipping, might be newer models, just have to make sure you get the 3 voltages and enough amps for each.

Looks like the "P" designator is the one you want.  Found another model, and the P version has the right voltage as well.  NFS110-7902P pdf, idk.  Do your research hopefullynitll work out.

A few years ago, I got frustrated and bought 3 individual power supplies for each voltage from China and just mounted them on a plate in the back.  It was also very cheap, and it worked.  That was a lot more work.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 10:18:07 PM by MacGUYver »

Offline OldGuy

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 04:42:03 PM »
MacGUYver
Thanks for the reply.  The power supply in my machine was an NFS80-7602, with 5, +12, -12 and 24 volt outputs.  I contacted Artesyn and they quoted me a price of $350. Go figure.  Will investigate what you've listed and go from there.  Appreciate the reply

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2020, 09:58:22 PM »
Wowzer, that's steep.  I remeber this seemed crazy to me at the time, which is why I got creative and did some research.

Your nfs80 is 80watts, the nfs110 I picked up was 110watts, so more robust.

If you look at the attached data sheets, they are identical except for pin 10.  Yours is -12v return, mine was PFD? Nfc what that means, but I'm sure it'll be fine...haha.

There is an NFS110-7602P on eBay for $55 plus shipping.  You can try to offer them $40 and roll the dice? I think worst case is it blows up and starts an awesome fire, and you get one last glorious moment from the slot machine.

Orrrrr, it's all the same exact plug and pin 10 is identical and all you have to do is pull if off the dead power supply and plug it identically into your new one.  I'd say chances are high itll be fine, but only quote me if it works.  $50 is way better than $350 though.

Offline OldGuy

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2020, 04:36:30 PM »
Thanks for the follow up.  I believe you're probably right, the NFS110 version seems to be just a higher wattage power supply.  Believe that reference to PFD has to do with power failure detection circuit incorporated in the power supply.  Will investigate choices on ebay and let you know the results later. Thanks again

Offline Nacho805

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 10:50:18 PM »
Hey guys I picked up the NFS110-7602P from ebay. I replaced the power supply Wich was easy and it was plug and play. I turned it on and now runs brighter than before thanks for all the help you guys are incredible

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2020, 04:45:06 PM »
Woot.

Your turn oldguy.  Let's get all the sigmas back to functional

Offline OldGuy

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2020, 10:57:25 AM »
Have one on order, will advise if everything works or not

Offline Nacho805

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2020, 12:50:01 PM »
Hey guys here is a update the power supply I ordered seems to have gone out i will reorder one again  :Scratch-Head:

Offline OldGuy

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2020, 03:55:59 PM »
Wow, that didn't last long only a couple of weeks.  Are you getting the same symptoms as before?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2020, 07:10:46 PM »
Hey guys here is a update the power supply I ordered seems to have gone out i will reorder one again  :Scratch-Head:

Did the replacement power supply have the same voltage and Amp rating? If your replacement one had a lower Amp rating, that could be why it failed? Did you check the voltage output from the new PS When it was installed?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2020, 06:29:28 PM »
Do you remember when it happened? Happen to have a hopper and press the cash out button and it died?  The hopper draws a decent amount of power

Offline OldGuy

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2020, 09:23:32 AM »
Took a while to get, but power supply fixed my problem.  Another Sigma machine back in service

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal