New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New to NLG -- IGT S+ CC16  (Read 5108 times)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: New to NLG -- IGT S+ CC16
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2020, 09:36:39 AM »
Another way to post a video is to upload it to youtube and paste the link from the youtube video to a Reply here.

okay....the coin-in guide is made for nickels...I'm glad you checked it out.
When you close the door, the door optics are working because the "Coins Played" display goes out momentarily then comes back on when the door latch is fully depressed right?
We need to know for sure if your door optics are working but you say the reels aren't moving after closing the door.
Try this, move the reels to a different position by hand before closing the door.
If the door optics are working, the reels will spin back to the position of wherever they were before.
Also, were you able to add credits by the "pseudo" or "Service Credit" button on the coin-in optics w/the door open?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline tornown624

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • tornown624 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2020, 10:29:00 AM »
Reels will not return to stand by after moving them manually.
Error 21 remains.
I have removed all components, checked connections, and reinstalled.  Same result.

I cannot add credits from the micro switch.

I have also depressed the white test button to run through all options and the error 21 persists.

Offline tornown624

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2020, 10:34:19 AM »
Are there any specifics i need to know about different comparators? I have three all different.

one has green wires
one has gray wires
one has gray wires with an additional small tab next to the rake.

See pic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2020, 10:47:54 AM »
I explained that in Reply #2....do not use the green wired one.

In Reply #4, you said the "Service Credit" button on the coin-in optics gave credits to the machine w/the door opened....now you're saying it doesn't?

You're starting to confuse us.

Retrace all steps you've done since then and get the coin-in optics to give credits again.
Check the coin harness fully and make sure every pin is connected to every component of the coin unit.
Check the pins going to rake, the gate solenoid, the coin-in optics, the coin comparitor.
Look for a broken connection on the wiring right  behind the Molex housings where the wire and
its wire covering go into the back end of each pin on each housing.
Particularly, I would like to see a photo of the harness with the Molex housing and pins that go onto the coin-in optics and the CC.

On those two grey wired coin comparitors, remove the 4 screws that hold the front cover and snap some photos of the circuit boards.
I want to see if you're using the right ones.
In the picture I posted below, remove the anti-string device on the left CC, you don't need it for home use.
I marked it with a red "X"
Take a sip of that beer and be patient...we'll figure it out. lol
Click on photo to enlarge if needed...>>>

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline tornown624

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2020, 10:55:28 AM »
Yes. I have discarded the green-wired one.

Yes. I can no longer get service credits since the 21 showed up.

I will now open up the comparators and provide pictures soon.

I am as confused as you are. It used to be a coin comparator issue but now i cant get through the 21.

i will upload pics of the inside of the comparators this afternoon. Thanks for your patience.  :wave:

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2020, 11:02:58 AM »
The code [21] is popping up because something isn't connected or the door optics aren't working.
The [21] code will NOT go away until both are fixed and operational.

Pull apart your Molex connectors around that whole coin unit, inspect the pins and replug back together.
There's round male pins and round female receptor pins.
Check if any are bent, folded over or opened too much.
When you plug them back together, you can always check for continuity with a multimeter on both ends of the Molex housings.
But it's better to check from further back at the end of the harness to the other side of a connection.

When repairing these machines, the use of a multi-meter comes very handy in looking for bad connections.

I don't have my documentation here at home, maybe Jim can you some insight as to which pins to check for power with a multi-meter to the coin-in optics and CC.
Your harness is the main suspect right now.....check your fuses on the power supply too.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 11:19:26 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline tornown624

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2020, 11:46:41 AM »
Well, here I am again. As of tomorrow I'm on unpaid furlough so ill have LOTS of time to get this Haywire resolved. :(

Still in error 21, all Molex connections look good.

Are there instructions on how to use the multimeter to check connections? everything went fine as I recall until i removed and replaced the small, credit card sized board on the coin optic next to the comparator.

Thank you again guys

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2020, 11:55:46 AM »
Take out the harness, place on table in front you.Set multimeter for continuity, test pins from both ends for continuity.
Give me model number of your multimeter, I can find instructions for you.Or post a picture of it.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal