**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > Odyssey Video Games

Odyssey Hard Drive - anyone try other brands?

(1/4) > >>

Neonkiss:
cfh                                              Contributing Gold NLG Member
                                                     NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

[/tOdyssey Hard Drive - anyone try other brands?                            « on: June 18, 2010, 06:58:55 PM
I know the stock hard drive for the odyssey is a
SCSI Seagate Barracuda ST15150N model, 7200 rpm,
4.3 gig, 9ms, 50 pin. But has anyone ever tried a
different SCSI 50 pin hard drive? Or for that matter,
an IDE with an SCSI 50 pin adaptor?

Neonkiss:
Slotmaster                                              Contributing Gold NLG Member
                        Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

[/t]Re: Odyssey Hard Drive - anyone try other brands?                            « Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 09:38:00 AM »        about 5 years ago I tried to get another drive to work and came up empty.

The limitation was SCSI controller but I did not try IDE to SCSI.

Way back when it was easy to get the original drives, I would guess now it's not.

That platform still has games that are better then today's machines to some degree.

Neonkiss:
cfh                                              Contributing Gold NLG Member
                        NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

[/t]Re: Odyssey Hard Drive - anyone try other brands?                            « Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 10:06:25 AM »        i don't understand why another 50 pin SCSI drive
with perhaps larger capacity would not work.
what drives exactly did you try?
[/t][/t]

Neonkiss:
Neonkiss                               

Re: Odyssey Hard Drive - anyone try other brands?                            « Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 10:42:23 AM
I was speaking to friend in the industry on this topic just the other day after seeing this post.
He advised that he had also tried this a number of years ago but had no success. His thoughts were that there is something weird about the boot sector on the original drive preventing it from copying over to the new drive. He said he would like to try this again with some of the newer imaging copying software now available. It would have to be something that would copy and format bit for bit. Maybe along the line of the newer versions of Ghost.

Maybe RickHunter could elaborate further. He's real good with the computer stuff.

Neonkiss:
blueridgeslots                                           

703 730-0821

Re: Odyssey Hard Drive - anyone try other brands?                            « Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 09:19:41 PM
Actually the OEM Drive was a Quantum Viking, but the better one to use was the Barracuda, the Viking didn't go out on the floor, but they didn't lock when powered down from what I was told, and then when they were moved, well..... you needed a new one, once you put the Barracuda in you were good to go, my first dealing with the "Slotmaster" was on eBay buying a drive for one over 10 years ago, still have it today
[/t][/t]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version