**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > BALLY Game Maker

Game Maker issues

(1/3) > >>

Kenokarz:
i have a 13 inch game maker that it takes the bills in and stacks them but gives no credits on the machine i have tried 2 different b/v heads and transports , i even tried a 200 head with the no transport chip , same thing , i tried 2 different main boards , and did complete clear, what am i missing i know it has to be something stupid that im missing , i did see that the meters were bypassed ?? with jumper wires just checking to see if anyone else has had this problem , i have another complete wire harness out of some other machines i junked out , so my next step is to replace harness and put meters back in

Kenokarz:
problem solved , replaced the complete wire harness for another junk machine and put meters back in , everything runs as it should  now

kcirrick:
I've had the BV either refuse to suck a bill in or rejecting everything I fed it, but you've come up with an issue I've never experienced.  I agree that it's probably something simple - it usually is. 

By the way, I have the meters disconnected on both of my machines.  I just pulled the wires off and left it at that.  No jumpers.  That constant clicking was driving me nuts.  Neither machine ever complained about the loss of the electromechanical meters.

It reads, processes and stacks bills, but gives no credit for them.  I'm shooting in the dark here, but here are a couple of ideas although you probably already tried them.  Forgive me if I ask or suggest something dumb or obvious.  :)

I know you tried two different transports, but are all of the dip switches in the off position?  It's not in any test mode?

Is your bill validator flashed or has a current eprom so it recognizes current bills?

What happens when you open the door, flip the reset key and run the bill validator test?  Does it recognize bills of different denominations?

You're fortunate to have the extra parts.  It seems like you've replaced everything except the harness and the back plane.   Replacing the harness might be worth trying, but that's kind of a PITA.  Did you try reseating J10 on the back plane and other connections between the back plane and the BV?

Does your bezel do any blinking when you insert a bill? This could indicate an error.

I cleared and reconfigured my upright with different settings several times trying to duplicate your issue with no success.
I assume you're using Jurisdiction 1.  I use Jurisdiction 8.  It eliminates limits.
Having tokenized my machines, for the bill acceptor country option I select universal 5.  If I put $100 bill in it credits $100,000.
I'm wondering if the problem is caused by a combination of settings which I think would be preferable as opposed to a hardware issue.
This might be way out there, but is it possible the jurisdiction you selected isn't compatible with the bill acceptor country option?
Even though you have plenty of experience configuring the machine, here's is my config.

Jurisdiction: Eight
Primary Host: SAS
Secondary Host: None
SAS Version: 5.01
Chassis Type: Upright
Coin Acceptor: None
Bill Acceptor: JCM WBA
Printer Type: Seiko printer
Hopper Type: None
Door Type: Pulsed Optic
Double Down: On
Tournament: Off
EFT: Disable
Residual Credit Mode:  No Gamble and No Attendant Pay
Win Evaluation Preference: Legacy

Depending on your mains you may not have all of these settings.

I would be interested in seeing your configuration including all the settings after you perform the hardware and software calibrations. I can set one of my machines up the same way - or as near as possible and we can see what happens.
Sorry if I mentioned things you already know or have tried and that I haven't been more help.

Kenokarz:
i replaced the harness from machine i junked out , , i tried 4 different transports 3 heads including a 200 head  even tried 3 different side boards , 3 different cpu,s  with different mains and graphics  did clears set it up as you said , finally gave up  and just replaced the harness, and now  it works fine , so could have been a bad wire in harness , not worth tracing it down
yes i was using #1 but i will set all the machines up for # 8 now thanks , i also am using a 200 head with the no transport  software , so now i got a bunch of transports that all cycle , i will be putting up a bunch of free cycle stuff up on the site from bally 13 inch game makers as soon as i go thought my parts shelf , glass, printers with the connecting  harness to the back plane board , 145 heads , i dont need all this extra stuff taking up space

Stayouttadabunker:
I'm wondering what would be the differences between a #1 juris chip and an #8 on a Game Maker?

I noticed on another platform (WMS BB2), some juris won't allow the printer to print tickets or accept one dollar bills.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version