TITO - Ticket in Ticket Out, Slot Toppers, Stands and Add-on Accessories > Slot Stands and Bases

100+ Year Old Wood Repurposed For Antique Slot Stand

(1/3) > >>

Blake:
After spending an hour or so looking through this forums section on stands I figured I would show my own DIY example.  Very happy I stumbled upon this group.  Lots of very niche info and advice that I have not seen elsewhere.

I restored a Mills Novelty Pontsettia with Keeney Jackpot front and needed a stand.  I had it originally sitting on an old Edison phonograph record cabinet which did the trick and was period correct but not its intended use.  The phonograph stand now houses and Edison Standard from 1903.  So after looking around at lumber prices and possible configurations I remembered that my mother wanted an old family piano removed from her basement.  I figured the wood could be salvaged and repurposed.  Turns out it was both strong and old.  1908 to be exact.  I even was able to save the hardware.  All slot head bevel screws.  I had to fill and sand, sand and fill as you would expect.  And then match the color with some Howards Restore A Finish.  I bought reproduction Mills Owl plaque and claw feet.  Everything else is from 1908.

jay:
Do you charge for shipping   :rotfl:

Looks Amazing !!

Tilt:
Looks fantastic!  I wish I had wood working skills, but I can't even cut a straight line with a radial arm saw  :24:

You should put a little plate or note on the inside with the history behind it, because it will last another 100 years easily!

63mini:
Blake,

Welcome and Nicely Done! Where did you purchase your plaque and claw feet?  I see people looking for them so, it would be nice to have it saved to the forum.  Love the old mechanical slots.

Pinballwizard55:
Great job on the stand , there is nothing like quality from yesteryear. While we are on the topic of old mills slots am looking for a 25 cent reel mech for a mills black cherry.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx , the wizard .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version