Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming** > LCD and CRT Monitor Repair Tech Support

1990 Players Edge Nickel Poker Machine, Screen Vertical Needs Adjustment

<< < (2/2)

Chris-socal:
Upon further inspection of the photo, that monitor needs someone to look by someone who understands CRTs, even if just a little bit. I noticed there aren’t any screws holding the tube into the frame. Also I do not see a dag wire wrapped around the ear of the frame.

Those two issues can cause all kinds of problems. Plus, if the user is handling the monitor and the tube separates it could be a big mess, broken foot, or worse.

I could wrong but it needs to be checked, there should be 4 screws clearly visible on the front 4 corners and a dag wire that goes across the back of the tube diagonally. Without a dag wire the picture will probably shut down in a few seconds…if you are lucky.

Arby, be very careful if you remove the CRT from the game. Support the tubes weight with a hand on the front of the tube. The face of the tube is very strong.

Chris

shortrackskater:

--- Quote from: PrairieTech on March 18, 2024, 08:33:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: shortrackskater on March 14, 2024, 08:41:02 AM ---$510 for a CRT? At first, I thought that was for the entire machine shown. And, after shipping the bill is closer to $600. You may as well spend the money on a drop in LCD.
I've seen MANY CRT's repaired here for minimal costs, with capacitors being the culprits many times.

--- End quote ---
That is for a drop in LCD. Sorry, I'm a tech and don't have any concept of what machines go for on the open market. I would have no idea who even works on CRTs anymore, but sounds like Chris should be able to help at least.  Apologies if I over stepped.

--- End quote ---

I see that in the text now. You're right, it does say LCD, but the photo of the video slot looks like a CRT. That makes more sense now.  :yes:
No overstepping whatsoever. I wish the LCD's were cheaper. There's a lot of discussion on this forum though on replacement to LCD.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version