Game Emulators > Homebrew and Custom Game Emulators

Project to Bring Old Dead Slots Back to Life (Custom Software)

(1/2) > >>

mwmdragon:
Hello Everyone,

My first post was based on an known IP owned by IGT and now I'm showing off the project with my fully owned IP.

This project aims to create new (and re-create old) Slots games designed to run on a cheap computer put into old Slot machine cases that no longer work. This is done by using a keyboard encoder and a cheap PC to hook up to the buttons and monitor in the dead slot game cabinet, bringing it back to life. If you are interested in this kind of project please join in the conversation.

We will be adding a project website soon for people who are interested in continuing the conversation without putting good old NLG in the middle of the conversation.

Here is a demonstration Image of a completely new Slot machine software that works on a PC in the cabinet (No internet required). Touch is working perfectly and custom button mapping will be available when we launch the beta.

*** NOTE: we were chatting with a few people before our post was removed due to the copywritten images, so we removed the copywritten images and would like to continue the conversation :)

a69mopar:
Looks like an interesting project.  I'll watch for the web page.

Thanks,
Wayne

Heihachi_73:
Just of note to anyone out there, a cheap computer does not mean a dinosaur that's been sitting around unused for 15 years!

I recently wiped the dust from an old Pentium 4 with its obligatory Windows XP + Firefox 52 ESR combo but it failed to load the app ("Your browser does not support WebGL"). I just had to check for shiggles. :)

mwmdragon:
Thank you to NLG for allowing my post to rise from the dead.

Here is a video of the fist set of Slot machine games that can run on 4:3 or 19:9 screens. It's all setup to be used with a touch screen or a regular slot button panel (USB Encoder). I'm still doing some testing for what computer requirements this software will need to be run, so we are testing it on a bunch of systems.

This pack of games is 18+ but this video is rated for everyone as I don't win on any special symbols.
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7B9HG3MuFg

I will have pictures and video of this running in a old slot cabinet soon.

mwmdragon:

--- Quote from: Heihachi_73 on January 09, 2024, 11:47:43 PM ---Just of note to anyone out there, a cheap computer does not mean a dinosaur that's been sitting around unused for 15 years!

I recently wiped the dust from an old Pentium 4 with its obligatory Windows XP + Firefox 52 ESR combo but it failed to load the app ("Your browser does not support WebGL"). I just had to check for shiggles. :)

--- End quote ---

That link was just a demonstration in a browser and doesn't reflect the requirements at all. The released software will run on any 64bit windows system, I may even compile a 32 bit system, but I doubt it as computer with windows 10 can be purchased for $60 and up. Have a look in my latest post for a video showing it running on a $60 computer with windows 10.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version