New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT RUN FOR YOUR MONEY  (Read 39761 times)

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
IGT RUN FOR YOUR MONEY
« on: May 19, 2017, 09:43:11 AM »
I believe this to be a V2000 vision game - I know NOTHING about these games - not a fan of S2000 anyway - so not sure if I want to mess with this.  I found one for sale for $825.00 so that kind of tells me what I am about the hear from NLG.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:48:14 AM by GOS »

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
Re: IGT RUN FOR YOUR MONEY
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 11:53:05 AM »
i purchased this game and extra parts - machine was set up for coin play so the coin handling is all there. HAVE NOT PLUGGED IT IN!!
Have parts that I have no idea what they are - or where they go. So the first few pictures are of the parts I?
the last 2 pictures are the upper cabinet - there is a monitor and wiring to the left -maybe some of the parts go there.

Offline ianmcneil68

• Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 03:43:23 PM »
Just because you have extra parts doesn't mean that you need them. I would start with testing/replacing the coin batteries on the MPU and the top monitor. Verify that all of the chips are installed (take some pics of the MPU so we can see what you are running). Next, if it were me, I would fire it up and see what you get. If it's been sitting a while you will have to clear all of the common errors by turning the attendent key and such. I'm assuming you are familiar with that, If not, check the forum for S2000 setup procedure. Once you fire it up let us know what you get. I'm not the top notch expert but I have built 5 Visions from scratch, I may be able to help. Good luck and keep us posted.

Pic 1: I have no idea what that is.
Pic 2: I/O card. You should have 1 mounted against the MPU and 1 in the door
Pic 3: I can't be sure but it looks like a power supply that has been taken apart. REALLY NOT SURE THOUGH.
Pic 4: On the right is the top box (vision) monitor. On the left is where your harnesses come through to connect to the monitor, sound, etc...
Pic 5: In the center is the distribution board. It connects your Netplex and powered devices.Namely your vision monitor and amplifier. (you may or may not need that board for the monitor depending on the harness. Most of the time if there is not a printer in the top box the harness will go directly to the monitor). On the right is the amplifier board for the sound.

Hope that helps,
Ian

:Please_Post_Pictures_2:  of the MPU. Also, on the top of the vision monitor ther is a slot. Remove the data card from that slot and take pics of any stickers showing the BGM number. The slot on the side can and should remain empty.
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 03:47:32 PM »
thats a start - appreciate it - first vision so it is all new to me - will try to power up and see what error i get - then look at finding where the parts go - thank you
what clear and key chips do I need - just in case?  game chips in board are
BT2/u44  VS0110-X0
GM2/u46  SG000380
GM1        SG000380
stepper base SB000188

« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 04:03:15 PM by GOS »

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 09:24:51 AM »
put machine together as best i could - power up NADA - nothing no lights - nothing.  Here are pictures of the power supply?  and wiring going to the mother board - anyone see anything out of order?

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 10:16:06 AM »
Is the power supply seated firmly and tight? The one behind the reels? Does the interior cabinet light come on when you open the door? If all answers are yes, do you get any lights on the edge of the MPU? Any lights on that power distribution board next to the MPU?

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 10:42:11 AM »
did not check the power supply behind the reels - there are no lights anywhere - I also got 2 power supply modules with this machine (see pics) I bought this machine from a family whos dad passed away - he had been working on it - so the parts i got may or may not belong

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 01:47:20 PM »
PROGRESS - Kinda - checked out the power supply behind the reels - this PS just plugs into a socket - no wire harness - so i turned on/off several times and voila - it powered up - got the RAM ERROR - which I did not try to clear - powered off - then back to dead again - have to keep on off several times to get it to power - i tried using a power strip to on off to see if it is the machines power on off - seems to be an issue in the machine - POWER SUPPLY???  also should the monitor power up or does the ram error need to be fixed first?   

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 02:06:44 PM »
Try turning the machines jackpot reset key, then follow whats said in the front display. If it's like a S2000 you will need to turn the key 3-4 time, then your prompted to push the MPU white button..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline ianmcneil68

• ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 02:12:42 PM »
The top monitor should fire up independently of the machine as a whole. Normally you may not know that it has powered up (other than the fan running). On the back of the monitor there is a slot with a cover with 2 screws in it. Remove that cover. Just to the left of the simm (memory) slots, there are 2 pins labeled J1. Put a jumper on those pins. This will allow you to see the boot process of the top monitor.
However, that can really wait until you get thae machine running. It sounds like you may have a power supply issue although it's hard to be sure. Do you have any other S2000 machines that you can borrow parts from?

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 02:15:35 PM »
no other s2000 - would it be the power supply behind the reels or the distribution boards behind the hopper?  I do have some "spare" power supply modules that came with the machine - i pictured them earlier in this thread - have no idea what the are for. 

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 02:17:10 PM »
It doesn't happen often but you can also check the power switch with a volt meter. Make sure you have good continuity when the switch is on.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2017, 02:21:41 PM »
there are 2 modules - one looks to be the right size - and has a cage - I didn't try taking the ps out of the machine and disassemble - may do that too.  THANK YOU

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2017, 02:24:31 PM »
The power suppy behind thew reels would be more suspect than the power distribution board behind the hopper. I don't see those go bad often. To me it is suspect that he would remove a good board from the power supply case if it was good. Never hurts to try though. Just verify it is the same.

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2017, 02:26:18 PM »
Before tearing it apart, loosen the thunb screw on the left side. push to the left and disconnect the PS. Then reset it by pushing firmly to the right. Try to power the machine and see if that helps.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2017, 04:17:50 PM »
The power supply behind the reels should be firmly seated to the right and secured with a thumb screw on the left of it. Your monitor will come on and show dot's and dashes or so once the machine starts booting. Normal for it to take 2 minutes or more for a vision to fully boot. Also check for the data card located in the top slot of the monitor. If there is a card in the side slot, remove it. It will only slow boot process down. Of course all this once you have power.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2017, 02:51:36 PM »
In testing the on/off you just want continuity when in the on position. Never mind how many poles. Continuity in the on then no continuity in the off posision. I'm not sure what PS's go for but $85 seems high to me. Try posting a WTB on NLG. Unless you've already ordered it. I've gotten plenty of stuff from Spin and when I had problems they always make it right. Keep us posted.
Ian

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2017, 07:18:28 AM »
PROGRESS!!!!!  power supply for SPIN - got me past the on/off issues and now I am at
"WAITING FOR THE VIDEO DISPLAY"

how I got here:
"game eprom crc mismatch - 0xB000001"
"non recoverable data error"
"some critical data will be lost"
"NETPLEX Auto-Config in Progress"
somewhere along the line i turned the reset key 3 time
got a message to hold the Test button 2-3 seconds.
So now I have the video monitor issue. The monitor have wait message configuring
Here are pics of the monitor wiring etc.

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2017, 07:37:39 AM »
Please post a pic of your data card. There will be stickers with "BGM" numbers and such. Also, the card goes in the top of the monitor, not the side. Waiting for video display (on VFD)means the software in the bottom box is waiting for a signal from the software in the top box monitor. We need to make sure you have the correct BGM and make sure it's in the correct slot. The side slot should be empty.
Ian

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2017, 08:13:42 AM »
here is the data card mounted on top of monitor - there is a flash card inserted in the side of the monitor

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal