New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT AVP Error  (Read 3326 times)

Offline RayV

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • RayV New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: IGT AVP Error
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2023, 06:40:41 PM »
Do you have a game king menu system?  Some slots are not categorized so the gameking menus do not know where to put them, so they do not appear.  You would need to disable the game king menu and just have the games listed by denom.

I am assuming it is a Game King menu, it has the tabs at the top of the screen.
Poker, Keno, Slots and Blackjack

Offline RayV

• NLG
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2023, 09:29:13 PM »
This may sound crazy and I don’t see how it could possibly have anything to do with it but I usually have about $1000 to $1500 of credit in the machine and normally without fail it will pop up with that error while idling.
It normally happens pretty fast, usually within an hour of turning it on.
The bill validator limit is set to $3000 and around 7 PM tonight I ran it down to zero and filled it up to the $3000 limit and it has been idling ever since without the error coming up at all.

I need to get a key 7 but I have been pretty much refusing to pay the $400 that I always see them for though.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2023, 12:37:31 AM »
Boingy Beans is one of those.  If you’re running GK 8.3-R, you’ll see it available in the scrolling banner, but not as a selectable game from the menu.

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline RayV

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2023, 06:20:24 AM »
Boingy Beans is one of those.  If you’re running GK 8.3-R, you’ll see it available in the scrolling banner, but not as a selectable game from the menu.

Thanks,
Jason

Yeah that’s one of them.

Offline Matt411

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Matt411 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2023, 09:32:56 AM »
Dang Ray you're running at over 91% NVRAM? I had a freeze issue randomly at around 88% - I have GK 8.3r with lots of stuff and just randomly playing single had super shockwave poker, dealt a hand after playing a few, and machine froze. I added 2 new slots before this: Fishing Bob + Huevocartoon which played fine after install... but wondering if they were either not compatible with other games or something or the NVRAM just filled up after a little play.

I'm also suspecting my RAM: 4GB but its some off brand from Amazon and quality of electronics in general have just gone down the toilet IMO. I had 2 other random freeze issues with this ram in the past, one when selecting Cleopatra slot (nvram like 80%) and another when selecting Deuces Wild Double Double Bonus poker. Hard to pinpoint the issue but to my point, from what I've experienced + read on here, when you start loading up the machine with lots of games, weird things can happen like your error. But then last few nights after removing Huevocartoon + a few other slots to drop NVRAM a little, haven't had any freeze issues yet..  Very weird & hard to pinpoint.

Offline millionaire2k

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • millionaire2k New User barely matters.millionaire2k New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2023, 03:48:36 PM »
Dang Ray you're running at over 91% NVRAM? I had a freeze issue randomly at around 88% - I have GK 8.3r with lots of stuff and just randomly playing single had super shockwave poker, dealt a hand after playing a few, and machine froze. I added 2 new slots before this: Fishing Bob + Huevocartoon which played fine after install... but wondering if they were either not compatible with other games or something or the NVRAM just filled up after a little play.

I'm also suspecting my RAM: 4GB but its some off brand from Amazon and quality of electronics in general have just gone down the toilet IMO. I had 2 other random freeze issues with this ram in the past, one when selecting Cleopatra slot (nvram like 80%) and another when selecting Deuces Wild Double Double Bonus poker. Hard to pinpoint the issue but to my point, from what I've experienced + read on here, when you start loading up the machine with lots of games, weird things can happen like your error. But then last few nights after removing Huevocartoon + a few other slots to drop NVRAM a little, haven't had any freeze issues yet..  Very weird & hard to pinpoint.

My NVRAM sits at about 94% on my G23 with GK 8.3r.  I haven't noticed any issues.

NOTE: NVRAM is not related to the 4GB of ram.  The 4GB of ram is volatile ram while the NVRAM is Non-volatile RAM.  The NVRAM is not upgradable and stores all the important slot information that can't be changed without security clearance.  The 4Gb of RAM is used for loading of games and other temporary items.

Offline Matt411

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2023, 05:57:37 PM »

My NVRAM sits at about 94% on my G23 with GK 8.3r.  I haven't noticed any issues.

NOTE: NVRAM is not related to the 4GB of ram.  The 4GB of ram is volatile ram while the NVRAM is Non-volatile RAM.  The NVRAM is not upgradable and stores all the important slot information that can't be changed without security clearance.  The 4Gb of RAM is used for loading of games and other temporary items.

Yea I know that about the NVRAM my thing is I'm wondering if the random freezing issues I have is related to that off brand ram I have. I have Sandisk SSD. Good to know at 94% stuff still runs fine. But then last night, my TITO worked when booted it up, then later on went to add vochures and it was rejecting them - had to reboot to get TITO working again, never had to do that.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2023, 06:50:43 PM »
...and normally without fail it will pop up with that error while idling.
It normally happens pretty fast, usually within an hour of turning it on...

I would check your cabinet/CPU temperatures.
It sounds like you're having hardware overheating problems.
A swollen, dried out capacitor, over-worked resistor, some out-of-spec IC board component, a loose heat-sink, or hardened thermal paste failure on an important chip, etc. etc.

If it eventually does come down to memory problems, then it's because of maxing out the nvram capabilities.
That's a perfect way to cause any computer to freeze up.
IGT didn't design these to have that many games on them.
If you knock off a bunch of installed games you never or hardly ever play, your machine will function perfectly.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 07:08:20 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline millionaire2k

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2023, 12:05:39 AM »

But then last night, my TITO worked when booted it up, then later on went to add vochures and it was rejecting them - had to reboot to get TITO working again, never had to do that.

My G23 also does this.  Randomly a machine or tito restart is required to fix my Tito.  It's very random.  I had it happen a few times a month b4, and I have gone multiple months with no issues also.  I never looked into the issue as it's always a quick fix.  If it was happening more frequently, I would be annoyed.

Offline Matt411

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2023, 10:00:27 PM »
Yea there seems to be other posts about this. How do you reset the TITO without rebooting? That would be a nice quick fix opposed to a 5-6 min boot..

But then last night, my TITO worked when booted it up, then later on went to add vochures and it was rejecting them - had to reboot to get TITO working again, never had to do that.

My G23 also does this.  Randomly a machine or tito restart is required to fix my Tito.  It's very random.  I had it happen a few times a month b4, and I have gone multiple months with no issues also.  I never looked into the issue as it's always a quick fix.  If it was happening more frequently, I would be annoyed.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2023, 10:25:43 PM »
Some tito's have a red button you can push to reset it.

Offline millionaire2k

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2023, 11:21:54 PM »
Yea there seems to be other posts about this. How do you reset the TITO without rebooting? That would be a nice quick fix opposed to a 5-6 min boot..

I run power to my Tito via an external USB adaptor.  It runs out of the machine and is plugged into an external outlet.  Sometimes when I get the error I can just unplug its power and plug it back in.  After like a min or 2 it will fix itself, Otherwise I I to resetart the machine.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal